Where it began pt 1

She fell to the ground, her bruised body hitting the wet pavement as a door slams behind her.

"Lola, you are not my daughter! You're an ungrateful brat that doesn't know when to shut up! You're not gonna go anywhere in life and I'm tired of carrying you on my back! Don't come back!

She picks her wet clothes off the ground, the rain covering her skin and hair. She limps her way  to a run down diner and asks to use a phone. She dials  a familiar number and 3 rings pass by until it finally picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hey nani, its lola"

"Lola? Why aren't you calling from home?"

"That man finally kicked me out"

"Rick kicked you out!?"

"Yea, mamas passed out somewhere, yk her... and he tried to make a pass on me. So I pushed him off and yelled at him to stop and to get away from me. Then after he picked me up and threw me against the wall"

"Lola! Why didn't you call me sooner! I have only myself to blame for this. I knew I should have interfered when this happened the first time!"

"I can't do it there no more nani"

"Alright, do you have anything with you?

"I have a few things my clothes i was washing, the sandwich i was about to eat, 100 bucks and the bike i rode to get here"

"Ok, i want you to get to the airport and catch a one way flight over to new york call me back when you get there so i can come get you"

"Alright nani... I love you."

"I love you to..." and with that they hung up the phone, with Lola on a mission to restart her life.

She rode her bike to the airport and parked outside. She walked in the normally cool air now feeling freezing against her wet skin. She walked up to the front desk to see a young but older woman standing there.

"Hi honey, how can I help you today?" the woman asked with a bubbly smile

"Hi, how much is a one way ticket to New york?..." she asked now scrapping up her 100 dollars in hand

"It's 105."

With a sad look in her eyes she thanks her and walks out the building. She stands by her bike and begins to cry into her hands. She starts to sob and falls to the ground as the realization sunk in as a burning tight feeling in her chest arose.

"Hey. Why ya cryin?" lola quickly wipes her tears and looks up at the tall man.

"I need to catch a plane... but I'm 5 dollars short and I have no way of getting there" she says with a deflated tone.

"Get up." he says sternly as he gives out his hand. " the names Enrico, tell me yours"

"Im lola.."she says shyly as she stands to her feet after taking his hand"

"Follow me lola" he leads her into the airport and a chair. "Sit here" he walks up to the front desk for a bit and returns with a silver ticket in his hands. "Here" he says as he takes her hand and places the first class ticket and 200 dollars in her hand" "go get something to eat"

"Wait! Really? All this? Enrico... i cant repay you, i couldn't accept this..." lola says in a panicked tone.

"Call me rico, now make sure to get you something to eat and take care of those cuts and bruises. And here I almost forgot." he handed her a card with his number on it "if you ever need me for anything call i'll be there" and with that he walked out the door. She was shocked at what just happened but she took his advice and went and got some food. She sat and waited for her plane to arrive, and when the time came she got onto first class and passed out from pure exhaustion. She woke up to the fancy snack cart passing by and decided to eat and went back to sleep. She woke up to the sound of people shuffling to get off the plain. She grabs her stuff and exits now in New York. She stands there, amazed at the great city and it's size. She walked into there airport and went strait to the phone. She called her Nani.
"Hello" she picks up
"Nani! Im here! The city is huge!"
Her Nani chuckled "well I see your here. I'm on my way to pick you up silly girl"
"Ok Nani! Love you!"
"I love you to Lola"
Then click. Lola sat on a bench outside and waited on her aunt to come get her.

Soon a silver car pulled up and honked for her. The window rolled down "come on Lola!" Her aunt yelled for her and with her belongings she got in the car.
"So, you like the city?" Nani asked
Lola had her head almost out the window taking in the sight completely feeling free and on top of the world.
"I love this place! It's huge!"
After a while they arrived at the house. "Whoa! This house is amazing"
Nani laughs "well it's not that good we live close to a prison and police station and a few clubs. But the shows are nice and the bills are cheep so it's great." She lets her inside and they step into the clean warm colored living room "well here's what it looks like on the inside" Lola just stood there in shock of the nice house
"This place feels so welcoming"

"Follow me to your room" she leads her to the yellow and white room where she would be staying
"This is where I'm staying!? It's amazing!" She placed her bag of her belongings on the dresser and began to explore the room. This place is so amazing! I even have a vanity!" She says jumping up and down in excitement.

"I love it here"

1005 words
I hope y'all like the first part🫶🏽