【Chapter 11】

Start from the beginning

"We'll talk about them once we're out, Bella," he sent her another look before the guard's chatter cut him off.

He didn't even notice when he pressed against her harder. But she was very much aware of how his thigh slipped between her knees.

"We should split up."

He snapped his head towards her, eyes narrowing.

"What?"

"You go and find Soap. Make sure he doesn't get himself killed. And I'll find the girls."

From the cold look in his eyes, it was clear he didn't like her plan.

"Bella-"

"I have to find them, Ale," she pleaded, her bright eyes looking straight into his. "I have to."

For a few seconds, he thought their options through while Beadie watched him with anxious eyes. She started to get fidgety under the weight of his gaze and the need to finally do something was making her go crazy. Then, in what seemed like an eternity, he finally nodded.

"Fine," he grumbled, clearly not satisfied that much. Beadie smiled at him. "I get Soap, you find the girls. Try to gather them into one room so when we capture Sin Nombre, we can get them out faster. Okay?"

"Okay," Beadie nodded, slightly ducking and already on her way to duck under his arm.

"Wait!"

Alejandro caught her arm, stopping her. She turned her head to look at him with furrowed eyebrows, not understanding what else was there to say. Graves liked to get specific with her so she wouldn't mess up anything, and she was ready to get the same treatment from him. He was in a higher position than her, after all.

But he just offered his other hand to her.

"Take this," he offered her his gun, her delicate fingers gingerly taking it. The weapon was heavy, tugging her hand down.

"What about you?" Beadie asked quietly. She didn't want to take away his only weapon.

She didn't know what she would do if something happened to him.

"Don't worry about me," he curled her fingers around the gun and took a step back. Beadie couldn't take her eyes off him, a heavy feeling in her chest. "I'll borrow someone else's."

A small smile played on her lips. She didn't doubt he would do something like that.

"Be careful, Bella," he nodded towards her for one last time, before he emerged from their hiding spot, leaving her on her own.

She needed a minute to collect herself. Beadie took in a deep breath and exhaled through her mouth, slowing her fast-beating heart. She had to be calm and collected to pull this off. She needed to save these women and not butcher the whole mission.

It was a lot of responsibility, but she had to tough it out. Like always.

"I got this," the blonde muttered to herself and bounced on her feet to hype herself up.

Beadie shrugged Alejandro's jacket up her shoulders more, slipping her arms in the sleeves. It made her feel more protected and the weight of Alejandro's gun made her feel invincible.

Only a few minutes after he was gone, Beadie went on her own way. She was careful to not cross paths with any of the guards as she sneaked around the mansion. Tonight was a busy night, which meant that she had to find some alternative ways to get back.

She started with the kitchen area, knowing that nearing this time in the evening, they didn't have to work. The girls liked to linger there because the guards didn't usually bother to go in there.