SIX / happy birthday kaya.

Start bij het begin

their lighthearted conversation was interrupted by the clinking of a glass, announcing the arrival of the birthday girl.

anjali clapped loudly as kaya, wearing a beautiful yellow dress, walked down the stairs slowly, merry leaving nami's side to help her down.

the copper haired woman tugged zoro by the arm, dragging him over to greet kaya once more out of courtesy.

kaya beamed as she saw nami and anjali. "nami, anjali. you both look beautiful."

anjali smiled back. "not as beautiful as the birthday girl, i'm afraid. you look stunning."

"thank you." she giggled. "those belonged to my mother. they were both one of her favorites."

anjali's smile dropped slightly, and nami also began to apologize.

"oh no, should i change? does it make you uncomfortable?" she asked, her eyebrows creasing.

"oh, no." kaya chuckled softly. "i'm sure she would be glad that someone is using it well."

"you're too sweet." anjali smiled gently at the woman, wishing to just crush her in a hug but thinking better of it. "if you'll excuse me,"

she sighed softly, gesturing to zoro who had begun to walk back to the drinks table. "i've got babysitting duty."

nami and kaya both chuckled, and anjali took her leave.

"jeez, can't even say hello to the birthday girl?" anjali muttered under her breath, snatching the glass in zoro's hand and taking a sip.

he watched her quietly.

"doesn't that butler look familiar to you?" the pirate hunter asked, snatching back his glass with narrowed eyes.

anjali shrugged. "it's my first time off the island in . . . well, ever. so, no."

zoro blinked. "right."

"i'm starving." she switched the topic. "when do you think they'll announce dinner?"

taking the drink out of the green haired man's hands and downing it, anjali grinned and handed it back to him before walking away in order to find someone who might tell her when it was time to eat.

leaving behind a warm-eared zoro who could only stare blankly at the slight coral imprint of anjali's lipstick on his glass.

‎ ‎

‎ ‎

DINNER BEGAN SHORT after anjali's small excursion, klahadore (the butler) announcing the meal at last during kaya and merry's very serious talk over the shipyard.

there was a delicious array of food on the table, and a bowl of blue soup in front of the birthday girl. anjali felt sorry for her as she watched kaya's eyes longingly stare at the fish on everybody else's plates.

"i'd love to try the fish tonight." she said wistfully, turning to her main butler.

"i'm sorry, miss kaya, but that is not possible." he refused, not looking entirely sorry.

"maybe just a small piece?" she suggested, her eyes pleading.

klahadore shook his head. "now, you know that certain foods can affect your constitution. here,"

he handed the blonde a spoon.

"buchi has prepared your special soup."

kaya looked at the bowl sadly.