Syllabus

The sun shone brightly through the small arched window in Albus' dormitory. He woke up and opened his eyes. Frank was already gone and Edgar was still snoring away. Kingsley was in his trunk, getting out his robes.

"Where are you going?" asked Albus.

"To breakfast, of course! Do you want to go together? I'll wait!" answered Kingsley.

"Sure, I'd love to!" Albus replied. He got out of bed and shuffled over to his trunk. Albus pulled out his blue and bronze Ravenclaw robes and got dressed as well. Once he was all ready, Albus and Kingsley went down the many staircases and to breakfast in the Great Hall.

The enchanted ceiling in the Great Hall was light blue with several clouds. Albus and Kingsley sat at the very end of the Ravenclaw table. There were breakfast foods of all sorts on the table. Albus put some sausages and pancakes on his plate. He drenched his pancakes in syrup. Frank walked over and sat next to Albus with a sheet of parchment in his hand.

"I got the syllabus!" exclaimed Frank, waving the paper.

"The what?" asked Kingsley.

"The syllabus," Frank responded, "the schedule for our classes! Today, we have Charms with the Gryffindors. Then, we have Defense Against the Dark Arts with the Hufflepuffs. After lunch, we have Herbology with the Slytherins." Albus and Kingsley's mouths were too full of pancakes to answer Frank, so they both nodded their heads.

Out of the corner of Albus' eye, he saw Hannah Ofrenda strut into the room. She was with a girl from Hufflepuff. Hannah looked at Albus, whispered something to the girl she was with, and then they both giggled. Hannah parted with her friend and came walking towards Albus.

"Good morning!" she said, blushing.

"Good morning Hannah!" replied Albus.

"Did you get your syllabus yet?" Hannah asked.

"Uh, yes. Today I have Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and then Herbology." answered Albus.

"Charms will fly by, Professor Lovegood is a great teacher and makes the class fun. Don't slack off on homework, though. Defense Against the Dark Arts is taught by Professor Creevey. He takes his work very seriously and teaches the first years advanced spells. Professor Longbottom, the Herbology teacher, is a bit of a know-it-all but is very clumsy at times. You'll have a good day!" Hannah informed Albus.

"Good, I'm glad to hear that!" exclaimed Albus, beginning to stand up.

"Well it's about time to go to our first class, I've got to get to Divination. I'll see you later!" said Hannah. She walked over to Albus, gave him a quick hug, and then went off with a different friend of hers from Gryffindor. Albus' face got really hot and turned red.

"Ooo, Albus has a crush." Frank taunted. Albus smirked and headed to Charms with Kingsley.

The Charms classroom was large, with wooden desks, white-carpeted floors, and portraits of wizards hung up all over the walls. Professor Lovegood was patiently waiting for the class to arrive with her hands folded in her periwinkle-colored desk. Edgar Grubbly-Plank was at the front of the classroom, directly across from Professor Lovegood's desk. Albus chose a seat towards back next to Frank and Rose. Once all of the Ravenclaws and Gryffindors were seated, Professor Lovegood spoke in her soft, sweet voice.

"Welcome to Charms class! As you know, I am your teacher, Professor Lovegood. Over the course of the year we will be learning a variety of charms used in a wizard's everyday life. Today, we will begin with the simple unlocking charm. All of the students began mumbling and talking rather loudly when they found out this exciting news.