Mourning Veil

The moon hung low in the night sky as Yukari Yakumo returned to the garden, her steps heavy with worry. The haunting beauty of the Saigyou Ayakashi loomed before her, casting eerie shadows in the moonlight.

As she entered the garden, a scene of solemnity unfolded. Yuyuko Saigyouji's lifeless form lay at the base of the cherry blossom tree, her body bathed in moonlight. Her neck bore the marks of a self-inflicted wound, and her life had been offered to seal the cursed tree.

Yukari's heart clenched with grief as she knelt beside her dear friend. There was a peaceful serenity on Yuyuko's face, as if the burden of her ability and the curse had finally been lifted.

Tears welled up in Yukari's eyes as she realized the extent of Yuyuko's sacrifice. She reached out and touched her friend's cold cheek, a silent farewell to a soul who had endured so much.

"I'm so sorry, Yuyuko," Yukari whispered, her voice trembling with sorrow. "You found the strength to do what had to be done."

The Saigyou Ayakashi stood tall above them, its branches rustling in the night breeze as if mourning the loss of the one who had sealed its curse.

As the moon began its descent and the night deepened, Yukari sat beside Yuyuko's lifeless form, her heart heavy with grief and the knowledge that her friend's sacrifice had brought an end to the haunting curse.

In that solitary moment, the emotionless youkai tasted the bitter depths of grief.