😖Beomkai- Across the Hall

ابدأ من البداية

Beomgyu walked around the furniture store in complete disgust at the prices. Apparently he had expensive taste. Everything he liked was the most expensive thing in the collection. Even a simple white plate ended up being $30 per plate. He just liked the feel of it better than the other ones. Savings or not, he couldn't justify spending that much money on one plate. Never mind the $10,000 black couch he fell in love with.

There was a reserved section in the back of the store. It wasn't closed off but you could just tell only the wealthy were supposed to be in there. Beomgyu walked into just to see how much that stuff was. There he found a lot of Kai's furniture. The blonde's couch was $25,000. His mattress was $10,000. His bedframe was $2,000 and his pillows were $100 each. Beomgyu mumbled "no wonder his apartment looks so much better than mine." He walked out without buying anything.

On the way home, he got a text from Kai. It was a selfie of himself eating vanilla gelato. The caption read "wish you were here. I ordered something for you yesterday. Had it shipped overnight. Look out for it." Beomgyu stopped in the middle of the sidewalk to stare at the picture. A woman bumped into him. He apologized then kept walking back to his apartment.

The attendant in the apartment lobby stopped Beomgyu. She told him to wait a moment. Beomgyu saw her come out with a medium sized vase filled with white and yellow roses. Attached to the neck was a note. It read "this vase is from Sicily. I hope you like it! Your apartment needed some color." The vase was white with a rainbow of flowers painted into it. It was an absolute work of art. The vase was carried carefully upstairs then sat down in the center of his coffee table. Beomgyu chuckled at the sight. It looked misplaced in comparison to his cheap dark furniture.

Soobin came over since he had the day off. He saw the vase. "Did you steal that?"

Beomgyu beamed with excitement as he handed him the note. "Kai gave it to me from Italy!" His smile grew wider when Soobin's jaw dropped. "You said it would never happen but now look at me! I'm a sugar baby!"

Soobin just watched his best friend bat his eyelashes at him. He looked back towards the vase and still couldn't believe it. In all of the years he's known Kai, his boss has never been serious about anyone. Always claimed he didn't have the time. His pride refused to admit that he was wrong as Beomgyu continued to pester him about it. Soobin insulted the rest of his furniture so he would change the subject. They gamed the rest of the night.

The next day, the best friends went to work together. Beomgyu kept glancing at the door. He had no idea when Kai's flight got in but the anticipation was killing him. His energy was channeled into his customers.

Soobin found Beomgyu working faster than usual. He was more hyper too. Every time he tried to do something, Beomgyu seemed to get to it first. This was the easiest shift he's had in a while. He decided to do dishes and prep in the back. Clearly he wasn't needed in the front.

Beomgyu looked up to see Kai walk through the door. The blonde was wearing a tight dark gray button down, black cotton dress pants and black leather dress shoes. A customer had to snap his fingers to get his attention. That customer was served very quickly. He then grabbed Soobin to tell him he was going on his break. His best friend was in the middle of something but he didn't care. He ran to his manager's office to wait for the blonde.

Kai stood in the doorway of the office. He was just as excited to see Beomgyu as the shorter ran into his arms. "I missed you too! I'm a little jetlagged, I'm sorry if I smell like plane."

Beomgyu thought he smelled like a sea breeze. He tucked some of the blonde strands behind Kai's ear then held his shoulders. "Go out with me. I know you're my boss's boss and I know you're going to say you don't have time but I really really like you and I want to be with you and if you're worried about me only liking you for your money then you're wrong because I promise I-"