Lincoln tilts my chin up to meet his eyes. "I was arriving three days earlier to network. None of the meetings begin until Monday, but even if the meetings were ten minutes from now, nothing is more important than what we have. Meetings can be rescheduled and placed on the back burner. Your mental health, however, cannot be, which is why I'm here to take you out of the city."

Before I can protest, he adds, "Only for a weekend. Enough to get you out of here and have a mental reset. A few days for you to get actual sleep. It was supposed to be your Christmas present, but if you're okay with receiving it a week early..."

My planner has been filled with countless things for me to do. I'm supposed to scout locations and prepare for Camille's visit, along with tending to numerous other clients. Our finance meeting is on Monday, and I needed to look over the reports my advisor sent via email earlier, and—"

"Two days," Lincoln whispers, scanning my eyes. "Give yourself two days with me, and I'll make you forget about everything that happened tonight."

I think back to my conversation with Rachel earlier. She seemed tired beyond comparison after not taking even one day off the past two weeks. It seemed fitting to give her a long weekend to allow her time with her fiance. Why do I not allow myself the same courtesy?

I haven't looked in the mirror recently, but I know it's evident how stressed I am. I can't remember the last time I wasn't thinking about work. My days have become a blur, the same routines on repeat. The truth is, I never had a reason to create a work-life balance until Lincoln. I never had someone looking out for me like this. I'd always work myself to the bone until I burned out, and even then, I didn't take time to relax. I may have thrown in an extra yoga session or two, but then I'd get back up the following morning and continue like I wasn't about to lose my mind.

Camille can wait. My other clients can wait. The finance meeting preparations can wait.

I'm going to give myself two days because I deserve it.

"Care to fill me in on these big fancy plans of yours?" I hum.

He chuckles, realizing he's won. "Our weekend will consist of pure luxury, Sienna. I plan to pamper, spoil, and fuck you endlessly for the next forty-eight hours. Does that sound enticing enough?"

I nod, rendered speechless by his words.

"Good. With that being said, we need to get going. First, we need to stop by the apartment and feed Muggles. Do you think Carmen can watch him while we're gone? When she called, it sounded like she was at a club. Is she back yet?"

Oh, he has no idea...

But I promised Carmen I'd keep her second job a secret, and I plan on keeping it that way.

"I don't think so. I'll text her and ask. I'm sure she won't be thrilled, but she'll do it." Carmen despises Muggles with a passion, same with Riley.

"She just needs to be gentle with him," Lincoln says. "He's temperamental. Maybe we'll stock up on those treats he likes. You know, the tiny stars? I'm sure he'll warm up to her if she entices him with those."

Snuggling closer into his lap, he makes his hold on me tighter. "I think you may love my cat more than I do," I admit.

"Our cat," he corrects. " It's not my fault he likes me more than you. I give him a star treat every night. Do you?"

I roll my eyes. "I'm sick of both of you."

"Well, get used to it, baby. You've got us for life."

Warmth bubbles into my chest at the unwavering truth of his statement. My life has changed drastically over the past year since I met him. For so long, I thought of love as a weakness. It was something that infiltrated my body and fucked with my emotions, and after things ended with Reid, I wasn't the same. It seemed like he emotionally penetrated my body and took the pieces of me that satisfied him. I was a conduit to fix the brokenness he carried, and because of my past, I allowed it.

But Lincoln...

Being with him feels the opposite. Our love is like an intricate plant that we both take the time to water and grow. Before we met, we were both dying, and together, we pulled out the weeds and planted ourselves in fresh soil. I've never breathed in fresher air after meeting him, and every day, we water our plant. We check in on it, ensuring it gets enough sunlight—ensuring it can thrive.

And tonight, flying back to New York to whisk me away when I need it the most, I'm soaking up every ounce of water he's pouring in.