I chuckled, feeling a deep connection with her. "You're absolutely right, Layla. Sometimes, it's the simple things that bring the most joy."

****

Layla and I found ourselves at a cozy restaurant, bathed in the warm glow of candlelight. The aroma of delicious food filled the air, setting the stage for a night of meaningful conversation. We'd already shared stories at the aquarium, and now, the topic turned to what we both wanted in a spouse.

I took a sip of wine, trying to hide my excitement about this particular discussion. "So, Layla, what's the one thing you absolutely must have in a spouse?"

Layla leaned in, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. "Hmm, that's a good one. I'd say a sense of humor. Life's too short to be serious all the time."

I chuckled, feeling a sense of camaraderie. "Couldn't agree more. Laughter is like the secret sauce of a relationship."

Layla nodded, her smile radiant. "Exactly. Now, your turn, Henry. What's your top requirement?"

I thought for a moment, my gaze drifting to the flickering candle between us. "I'd say kindness. Someone who treats others with respect and compassion."

Layla's eyes softened, and I could tell she appreciated the sentiment. "That's beautiful, Henry. Kindness goes a long way."

Our conversation flowed effortlessly as we exchanged questions, peeling back the layers of our desires and dreams for a future partner.

Layla leaned forward, her curiosity piqued. "Alright, Henry, here's a fun one. If you could travel anywhere in the world with your future spouse, where would it be?"

I grinned, envisioning exotic landscapes and adventures. "I'd love to explore the lush jungles of Costa Rica. The idea of hiking through the rainforest and discovering hidden waterfalls sounds amazing."

Layla's eyes gleamed with excitement. "Costa Rica, huh? Count me in! Now, what's your go-to comfort food, Henry?"

I laughed, thinking of all the times I'd indulged in guilty pleasures. "Well, I have to admit, I'm a sucker for a classic grilled cheese sandwich. There's something about that gooey cheese and crispy bread that's just so comforting."

Layla chuckled. "You can't go wrong with a grilled cheese. I'm a fan of pizza myself."

Our conversation took us on a delightful journey through our preferences and quirks. We learned about each other's favorite books, movies, and even childhood dreams.

As the evening wore on, the waiter brought dessert menus, and Layla looked at me mischievously. "Before we dive into dessert, Henry, tell me, what's your take on pets? A deal-breaker or a must-have?"

I paused, considering the question carefully. "I'm definitely a pet lover. I think having a furry friend can bring so much joy to a home."

Layla's eyes lit up. "Agreed! I've always wanted a dog. They're the best companions."

Our laughter filled the air as we shared anecdotes about our imaginary future pets. It was refreshing to discuss these topics openly and discover how aligned our values and desires were.

As we savored our dessert, Layla leaned in closer, her gaze fixed on mine. "Henry, if you could use one word to describe your ideal spouse, what would it be?"

I didn't need to think twice. "Genuine. I want someone who's authentic and true to themselves, no matter what."

Layla's smile was soft and genuine, and I knew we were on the same page. "That's a beautiful word, Henry. I couldn't agree more."

Daddy's Best Friend जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें