I rolled my eyes. "There are no 'juicy details,' Lynda. We just had dinner, talked, and shared a kiss. That's it."

She raised an eyebrow, clearly not satisfied with my answer. "A kiss, huh? Well, that's a start."

I groaned inwardly, knowing where this conversation was headed. "Look, Lynda, there's something else I need to tell you. Sophia called me earlier. She was drunk and needed a ride."

Lynda's expression shifted from playful to irritated. "Seriously, Henry? You left your date with Layla for a grown woman who can take care of herself?"

I couldn't meet her gaze, feeling a mix of guilt and frustration. "It's not that simple. Sophia and I… we got a bit carried away last night. Things got… well, they got sexual."

Lynda's eyes widened, and her irritation turned into anger. "You idiot! You're playing with fire here. Sophia could ruin your life if she wanted to."

I held up my hands in a feeble attempt to defend myself. "We didn't have sex, Lynda. It was just a heated moment. The good thing is, it seems like she doesn't remember."

Lynda crossed her arms and let out an exasperated sigh. "Henry, you need to be more careful. Sophia is unpredictable, and you're treading on dangerous ground. Don't forget that she's living under your roof now."

I knew Lynda was right, but there was something about Sophia that pulled me in like a magnet. I couldn't explain it, and I certainly couldn't control it.

"Trust me, Lynda, I'm well aware of the complications," I said, running a hand through my hair. "But sometimes, it's like I can't resist her."

Lynda softened her expression, a hint of sympathy in her eyes. "I get it, Henry. I really do. But you need to figure out what you want. Sophia, Layla, or something else entirely. You can't keep juggling them like this."

I nodded, knowing she was right. It was time to sort out my tangled mess of emotions and desires. But one thing was for sure – with Sophia in the picture, my life had become one unpredictable rollercoaster, and I had no idea where it was headed next.

I was still trying to recover from the storm of emotions and complications in my personal life when my phone rang, interrupting my thoughts. I glanced at the caller ID, and it was my old friend, Collins. He was like a brother to me, someone I could count on no matter what. I needed that stability right now.

"Hey, Collins," I answered, my voice a tad weary.

"Hey, Henry! How's life treating you?" Collins replied, his voice brimming with energy.

I let out a half-hearted chuckle. "Well, you know how it is, busy as ever."

Collins and I had a history of working together on various business ventures, and we often discussed our respective companies' ups and downs.

"I can imagine," Collins said. "But enough about work. How's Sophia? I've been thinking about her lately."

I hesitated for a moment. Part of me wanted to spill the beans about all the recent chaos with Sophia, but I decided against it. Collins was coming over for the weekend, that alone was a lot to take in at once considering how things were already at the moment, and I didn't want to dampen the mood.

"She's doing well," I replied, opting for a vague but reassuring answer.

Collins seemed satisfied with that response and swiftly moved on to the topic of business. We discussed upcoming projects, potential collaborations, and the ever-changing market trends. It was refreshing to talk about something familiar and predictable.

As our conversation started winding down, Collins cleared his throat. "Hey, Henry, there's something I wanted to talk to you about. It's a bit of a surprise."

I raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "A surprise, you say? What's going on?"

Collins chuckled on the other end. "Well, you know how I've been dating someone new lately?"

I had heard rumors about Collins dating again after his death of his wife, this was the first time, he mourned his wife for so long that I actually thought he would never be with anyone again, but we hadn't talked about it in detail.

"Yeah, I've heard," I replied, curiosity piqued. "So, what's the surprise?"

Collins took a deep breath. "I've decided to introduce my new girlfriend to Sophia this weekend when I visit. I thought it was about time they met."

I was taken aback. Meeting Sophia was one thing, but springing it as a surprise was another. I knew Sophia could be unpredictable, and I couldn't predict how she'd react.

"You think Sophia will be okay with that?" I asked cautiously.

Collins sounded confident. "I think she'll be happy for me. It's been a while since she's seen me with someone, and I know she cares about my happiness."

I nodded, even though Collins couldn't see me. "Well, if you say so. I hope it goes well. And Sophia is a big girl I am sure she can handle her emotion,"

Collins chuckled again. "Thanks, Henry. I appreciate your support. And speaking of new relationships, how's yours with Layla going, you mentioned the last time we chatted that there as this lady called Layla and I was genuinely excited for you because it had been like forever I saw you dated someone?"

I paused for a moment, wondering how much I should reveal. "It's good, Collins. We had a nice date, and we're going out again soon."

Collins sounded genuinely pleased. "That's great to hear, my friend. You deserve some happiness in your life."

I hung up the phone after our conversation, I couldn't help but feel a mix of anticipation and anxiety about the weekend. Collins' surprise visit with his new girlfriend was sure to add another layer of complexity to my already tangled web of relationships. But for now, I decided to focus on work, hoping that the familiarity of business dealings would provide a temporary respite from the storm of emotions in my personal life.

I just wish everything could just pass by at one because all this at once was becoming overwhelming.