He lingers by the door for a while, earning an expectant look as she waits for him to say something.

"Typically when people say they want to chat, it requires them to actually speak," she teases.

"Sorry, sorry, right," he sits next to her. "Are you okay? I know you were pretty shaken up about El and I would've came up last night but I-"

"It's fine, really. I'm fine, see?" she gives a frightening grin, making him chuckle.

"Right, yeah, um... It's just... Will told me something you said and I'm just a little confused."

"Really?" she feigns confusion, beginning to fidget with some things around the room. "What- What did he say?"

"You said the party hates you, which couldn't be further from the truth. I mean, come on, B. Without you, there'd be no party."

"You really think so?"

"Yeah, I really do. I mean, if anyone's been shitty, it's us, and by us, I mean me. You're the entire reason why Max is our friend and even El. You bring us together. Like the... Like glue."

"This feels like the time you compared me to cheese."

"I like cheese!"

"I know, it's just... It's such a Mike Wheeler compliment," she chuckles. "Weird yet oddly effective."

"What can I say?" he grins. "But really, I need you to know that the way I was... Me being a jerk wasn't because I hate you. At all. And neither does the rest of the party."

"So why were you acting like a jerk?"

"I just didn't know how to-How to be your friend again, I guess."

"We've been friends for years."

"Yeah, but you... I don't know how to put it all into words. I just... I think I was sad. I missed you and instead of telling you that, I just-"

"Made me feel like a traitor?"

"Yeah," he sheepishly glances over.

"I missed you too, you know? You were my best friend."

"I know. I miss when we'd sit in the basement and watch so much shitty TV, my mom would get mad," he laughs fondly.

"Oh, or those days where we'd go to the library and just trade books for hours," she adds.

"Sometimes I still go, but it's not the same."

"Me too. Why couldn't we just pick up where we left off before everything?"

"Because it's hard, Bianca. It's hard because both of us have changed."

"Yeah, you wear skinny jeans now," she teases. "Sorry. Mike, I'm the exact same person I've always been."

"I don't know about that."

"You don't make any sense to me. You say we're too different because I'm not getting bullied anymore, but Lucas gives you a clear opening to not be bullied either and suddenly it's a problem."

"I don't want to be popular! I like Hellfire, I like D&D, I know you would too."

"I'm not joining the damn club."

"Why? And don't say it's because you don't like the game, I've seen you while we're playing. You get this sparkle in your eye everytime you make the right move. You love it."

"I don't play because I can't, okay?" she snaps. "When I look at the manual or the game pieces, all I can think of is the Upside Down. The monsters we fight constantly. The fact that I've watched everyone I love almost die over and over again. So I can't."