CHAPTER 7: TOO LATE! PT 2

Start from the beginning

Ji-Hun walked towards the window looking for a clearance. Unfortunately, there weren't any, but time was on their side. It was getting dark, which would make it easier to escape the hotel. He never wanted to come back here again. Once it brought him happiness, but now he has been infected with sorrow and nightmares for however long he lives in this damn world.

Hyunjin took one last look at the lifeless bodies of the two little girls before following his brother out of the room. They killed a few more Eaters and realized the floor was cleared, but for how long. Hyunjin immediately started pushing against a barricaded door. To both his and Ji-Hun's surprise, one of the survivors that guided them remained behind and opened the door for them. They then secured the door before retrieving back downstairs to the lobby.

Lee Yu-Jin gasped when the door from the staircase opened. Everyone turned ready to either fight or run. To everyone's relief, it was one of the survivors, but was soon surprised when Hyunjin and Ji-Hun walked right behind. The survivor that remained behind hurriedly ran to his wife and hugged her. Hyunjin and Ji-Hun thanked the man who introduced himself as Choi Daeshim. He then introduced his wife Choi Areum, whom they didn't see when they first arrived.

"Hello," she greeted. "Are you here to rescue us?"

"No, we came here for two little girls," Hyunjin whispered.

"Little girls?" Her question didn't feel like just a question. It was like she was confirming certain little girls.

"They...they're..." Hyunjin stuttered lightly.

"Do you mean the two sisters on the third floor? Choon-Hee and Yeona?" Her eyes became watery.

"Yes," Ji-Hun answered. "Do you know what happened to them?" She looked nervous and turned to see Dong-Hyun who gave her a menacing look to keep her mouth shut. Ji-Hun who followed her gaze and noticed the interaction quickly interjected and asked her again. "Tell us what you know. Don't worry about anyone."

Choi Areum swallowed, then told them what she had witnessed Dong-Hyun do to Choon-Hee. Her husband didn't see what happened until after Dong-Hyun had passed them. At this point, Hyunjin lost all sense of control and this time Ji-Hun had no intentions of stopping his brother.

"YOU!" Hyunjin ran charging, grabbing Dong-Hyun who hid behind other survivors like the coward he is. Hyunjin broke through the defense and tackled Dong-Hyun to the ground and started punching him in the face, while the others screamed trying to break them apart. "YOU ASSHOLE! YOU KILLED THE GIRLS!"

Lee Yu-Jin and the others looked at both Hyunjin and Dong-Hyun in disbelief. "What are you talking about?"

Choi Areum spoke up, getting everyone's attention. "I witnessed Dong-Hyun pick up Choon-Hee and throw her at an Eater who was chasing him to save himself. The Eater also attacked her baby sister. I saw everything happen. Daeshim killed the Eater and we then put both the little girls back into their room bathroom. We...We couldn't bear the thought of killing them."

Dong-Hyun, feeling all accusatory eyes on him, began backing away, pointing his finger at Areum. "SHE'S LYING! SHE'S A LYING BITCH!" He fell to the ground again after Areum's husband Daeshim punched him in the mouth.

"Don't call my wife a bitch you murdering bastard," he said through clenched teeth.

Hyunjin looked at the remaining survivors. "My brother Ji-Hun and I will be leaving."

"Wait, you're leaving?" Daeshim asked. "Can my wife and I leave with you?"

" If you want to join us, you're more than welcomed. Grab whatever sharp weapon that you can find to defend yourselves." Hyunjin said as he readied his weapons.