Chapter 3 - Attempting a Kill Quest

Start bij het begin

Phantom: "Relax Aqua. You need to calm down, we just aren't strong enough. I can however give it a try, just stay back so you don't get eaten again okay?"

Aqua was confused on what Phantom is about to do as Phantom immediately began running towards a nearby Giant Toad. There was one thing that Phantom did remember while spending most of her free time exploring the System she has. She learnt that she could create blades, whether it be used telepathically or physically in her hand, she would use it to her advantage.

Phantom: "Alright you pesky frog! Let's see how thick your skin really is!"

She ended up summoning a blade to her right hand, though it was relatively small, she hasn't really gotten any practice with her combat as she couldn't really properly train at all. So as soon as she tried to swing her blade at its belly, it did make contact, but she simply stopped in place. It was a little awkward as she felt like she did no damage whatsoever. Phantom knew right away that she miscalculated as she looked up at the Giant Toad, being slightly embarrassed.

Phantom: "So uh... You actually kind of look adorable up close. I like your desi-"

Before she could even finish, the Giant Toad then began to eat her as Kazuma quickly came to the rescue. In the end, they only managed to slay two Giant Toads as they had to call it a day. A couple of hours pass as they were in the Adventurer's Guild. Most of the Adventurers were celebrating or doing their usual things as Kazuma and Aqua were eating their food, but Phantom simply was sitting there with her arms crossed, not liking what exactly happened recently. 

Her mind did trail back to what it felt like being eaten by a Giant Toad, how it was strangely warm and weird feeling. Though the uncomfortable part she could remember was how the slime kind of got between her clothes, which made her feel very, very uncomfortable. Hell, she even had to wash herself in her Phantom form as she wasn't sure if the uncomfortable feeling would transfer to her real form. Since she was still feeling rather uncomfortable about it, her face was red most of the time.

Aqua: "We can't take those Toads out alone! We need to find some allies!"

Kazuma: "We got 5000 Eris per frog because Phantom here decided to give up the share. You feeling alright bud?"

Phantom: "I don't want to talk about it."

Kazuma: "Still, we made this much from our par time jobs without getting eaten."

Aqua: "Well they do taste delicious though."

Kazuma: "Anyway, back to the allies thing. I totally agree with you, but who's going to party up with a couple of beginners with no gear?"

Aqua then tried to speak while her mouth was full, but Kazuma interjected, telling her to swallow before she even spoke. As soon as she finished eating, she then spoke.

Aqua: "I'm an Arch Priest, one of the advanced Classes. Do you even know how many people would kill to have someone like me in their party? Once I get the word out, people will be lining up shouting 'Please, take me! Take me!' You'll see! Now give me some more frog and stop worrying already!"

She then grabbed more frog as she began eating away. Phantom has mostly been listening the whole time and she knows that Aqua might be right for the most part. Advanced Classes are quite useful and quite deadly at times. Yet she sighed, hoping that they at least get some decent party members in the end.

Yet during the next day, it was simply too quiet as the trio sat by their table. It was around the middle of the day as it was clear that no one was coming. Phantom had her arms crossed, keeping her eyes closed as she was sitting in silence, listening to Kazuma and Aqua.