Don't Close Your Eyes Chapter 1

First there was a crash.
Then the sound of metal being crunched together.
And finally the sound of sirens not too far away.

"All I remember was that it was a Saturday night in August, I was coming back home from my Aunt and Uncle's house. The doctors told me that it was a drunk driver who had hit my car head on, that they had swerved into the other lane."

I was on my second book tour and was answering the never ending questions about my deathly experience. I still think about it to this day, what it was like being on the other side. It really makes you think hard about what life really means. As an 18 year old who was in a coma for three and a half months, life had been about the big picture, and doing reckless things, living life on the edge. Now, as a 28 year old who's had two best selling non-fiction books about the other side, life's meaning had greatly changed. It was now about looking at the little things and enjoying every last second of life.

"Excuse me, Ms. Greene, but could you go back and tell us exactly what happened while you were on the other side?" A lady wearing and awfully bright red shirt asked.

"Of course," I responded "It was a hot night in August when it happened..."