Fair Foul Fortune

Start from the beginning

Harry felt his throat suddenly close, silencing him, as a pulse of agony made his whole body tense. It was gone as quickly as it had come, but Harry was left trembling. 

You're doing this to yourself, you know. You needn't be so stubborn about it.

Harry disagreed, but he closed that thought off from Riddle. He didn't feel like testing his 'companion'. 

It took a while, but finally Harry managed to drift off to sleep, though it was restless, and plagued with nightmares.

T-M-R = H-J-P

It felt entirely too soon, when Ron shook him awake the next morning. Reluctantly, Harry rolled out of bed, listening to his dorm mates chatter sleepily as they all got dressed.

Harry and Ron met Hermione down in the common room, and the trio headed to the great hall together, discussing their new classes, Hermione speculating over which they would have first.

At breakfast, Professor Mcgonagall handed out timetables to the Gryffindors, and Harry looked over his while Ron argued with Hermione over hers.

"How can you be in three classes at once? It's not possibly, Hermione."

Before Hermione could snap back, Harry broke in,

"Will you just drop it? We're going to be late for Divination if we don't hurry."

They hurried up to the north tower, finding the classroom with the help of a bumbling, painted knight.

As they climbed up the silver ladder and into the classroom, they were met with an almost suffocating scent that unfortunately filled the whole room. The thick perfume was accompanied by unbearable heat from the fire blazing in the hearth. 

As the last of their class took their seats, the teacher stood from her own seat next to the fire.

"Good morning, everyone. I am Professor Trelawney, your Divination teacher. I will be teaching you how to open your inner eye, and look into the beyond."

She looked like a colorful bug, with her huge glasses magnifying her brown eyes, and a multicolored shawl wrapped around her shoulders. An uncountable amount of bangles jangled on her arms as she retrieved an ornate silver tea pot from a cabinet near her wing backed seat by the fire. 

"There are many ways to utilize the art of divination. We will be beginning with tea leaves, one of the easiest forms of divination. We'll eventually move on to palmestry, and by years end, we may make it to crystal ball gazing. Alas, our number will fall by one in the month of April, but otherwise, we will make exceptional progress."

After putting a black kettle on the fire to boil, she suddenly turned to Neville of all people,

"Is your Grandmother quite well, boy?"

Neville paled considerably at the sudden question.

"Y-yes." He stammered.

Professor Trelawney made a face.

"I wouldn't be so sure."

Turning to Lavender, she said,

"The thing you fear most will happen in October. On the sixteenth day."

Before the girl could say anything, Trelawney continued, this time turning to Ron,

"You will lose something close to you, but in return, will gain better."