1: Call Center

Avarie walked into the call center on a fine Tuesday morning ready to do her job.

The busy monotone banter of the call center illuminating her ears, as she made a beeline for the break room, and coffee pot.

She grabs her mug from the cabinet dumping a bunch of creamer dust into the bottom.

"Long night last night" Josh asks holding out his cup to the girl.

"Lazy ass, and yes, who knew a journalism degree was so much work, I was up writing papers last night, thank god this semester is almost over and then 3 more to go."  Avarie says in between sips of her coffee.

"Yeah I bet but your almost done" Josh smiles proud of her.

"You approved my time off for finals week next month right?" Avarie asks raising her eye brow.

"Gonna go do that now" Josh says  while uncomfortably laughing and heading out of the break room to find Sue, Avarie doing the same heading to her station of the day, and waiting for Maddie.

Setting her mug down, hearing it clank on the glass table of the work station before pulling out her phone to put it on silent, to get ready to start her day.

"How was your match last night" her best friend and mentor Maddie asks taking a seat next to her, setting her coffee down beside hers.

"Talon got sent to the box again, defending me again" Avarie chuckles logging into the computer in front of her.

"Of course he did" Maddie says, as she has heard a lot of stories about this dude, how he's dating her best friend so if anything happened to her, he wouldn't hear the end of it.

"You wanna come to a match? All the players get tickets for friends and family I just never use mine and give them to other players?" Avarie asks as she puts in her ear piece, chugging the rest of her coffe quickly.

"Yeah that sounds fun! Can I invite my boyfriend and brother?" Maddie asks putting in her ear piece to listen in, as Avarie is still in training.

"Girl all players get 15 tickets the more the merrier, hell invite everyone you know" Avarie laughs as she logs into the CAD system to start taking calls. "And boyfriend" she says wiggling her eyebrows

She logins in and a few seconds later a call comes in.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency" Avarie asks as she starts typing.

"yeah its my idiot brother, he and his dumbass friend, just send an ambulance, he has an axe in his chest" the caller says.

"ma'am what's your address" Avarie asks as she types in the nature of the emergency, ready to dispatch a fire company.

"5689 Caris Lane. Are sending someone? I don't hear anyone coming?" the caller states.

"Ma'am I assure you someone's on there way to you now" Avarie says as she continues talking to the women. "Can you tell me what happened"

"Idiots, that's what happened" the women says, Maddie chuckling beside her.

x x x x x