Chapter 17: Brunch

Start from the beginning

"Caitlin," Yip, there the name was. "She's told me about how you two are nearly inseparable, almost always with each other," She added as the sound of cooking continued in the background. "So it's not that hard to put two and two together," She hummed.

"We're not always together," Y/n muttered as he released Nora's hand to rub his forehead as he listened to his -not-yet-mother embarrass him like a preschooler. "You shouldn't believe everything Aunty Katy says," He tried to negate whatever the Doctor said.

"Y/n, where are you?"

"Jitters,"

"Is she with you?"

Y/n's gaze met Nora's intrigued one, if she somehow didn't know what or who he was talking about before became very obvious now. "That's besides the point," He exclaimed as he buried his face in his free hand, completely giving up on this conversation which caused Nora to let out a soft giggle as she rubbed his back.

"Sure," Mirabelle sang as she moved around. "Just get you two over here soon," She added before hanging up, not waiting for Y/n's response.

"Now I understand Aunty Katy's frustration with me," Y/n chuckled realizing how much of a pain dealing with him must be. "Hey, My mom's making Brunch and wants us to come over," Y/n finished his drink as he stood up.

"I kinda got that but I don't think it would be a good idea?" Nora mumbled as she fidgeted with the sleeves of her jacket.

"Why not?"

"It's technically going to be the first time seeing your mom," Nora looked at the table in front of her as she spoke. "I think you'd rather spend some alone time," She added as she shrugged her shoulders, still not looking up at Y/n.

"Why are you so adorable?" Y/n muttered as he found himself placing a hand against her cheek, his thumb tracing circles as he stared at the shy Speedster. Nora finally looked up at Y/n, finding herself leaning into his touch as she stared at his soft smile. "Let's go,' Y/n motioned for her to stand up.

"Y/n?..."

"I told you, the less time I spend away from you the better," He repeated as he slowly removed his hand from Nora. "Let's go, my mom seems adamant that you must be there," He joked as he gave her a gentle squeeze on the shoulder, watching a smile form on her lips as she stood up.

"We shouldn't keep her waiting," Nora smiled as they left, making their way over to a familiar house.

Y/n and Nora reached the house that the Thawne had called home back in their timeline, Nora was about to walk up to the entrance but she could tell this was something new for her companion so she paused before walking closer to Y/n. "You okay?" She asked as she wrapped her arms around his arm, ignoring the flash from the Gala.