NINETEEN

Welcome to Prison.

Lily and Enola were split up.

The second her mother received word that her daughter was found in London with Enola, the woman didn't waste time to fetch a carriage and arrive. Annabella was furious. Lilith swore shes never seen such hatred in her eyes up until now.

The two rode in the carriage, silently. Lily didn't dare to speak a word to the woman, afraid of what she would do if she opened her mouth to even breathe.

Finally, her mother spoke up. "I will be sending you away," she said with her gloved hands resting in her lap. "To a boarding school."

"What?!" Lily gasped and turned to look at her mother. "You can't!" She hasn't spent so much time running away from her family and her fate from going to a boarding school and being sent off to marriage just for it all to come crashing down on her finally.

"I want you to be happy," she said, completely unfazed by her daughters reaction, ignoring it all.

"No." The girl sneered, looking at her mother through teary eyes. "You want you to be happy."

Ignored once again.

"Let me out of this carriage." Lilith demanded. She didn't care if she was speaking to her mother this way. Hell, the woman didn't even deserve the title as a mother from the moment Lily's been born. She was always neglected and forced to do things she so clearly didn't want to do. To Lilith she was a stranger. A nobody, and definitely not a loving mother.

Lily's mother merely glanced at her daughter with a cold stare then looked back to her spot out the window. Lily sighed as tears slowly welled in her eyes, but quickly shut her eyes and pushed the tears back Inside of her. She did not just lose Tewksbury, get attacked by several people, get split up with Enola, and many more problems to get ignored by her mother. She just wouldn't have it. So what did Lily do? She did the thing she did best: bite back.

"If you do not stop this carriage and let me out, I will not hesitate to scream and yell to gain the attention of everyone that pass by to let me out of here. Not only will they rescue me, but they will most likely call the police. And when they call them, I will not even hesitate one moment to deny that you were ever my mother. Or even someone remotely close to that. You have never been a good person, a good wife, a good mother. You merely use me for anything you cannot get your hands on. You use Father purely for his money! Does that not sound absurd—"

"YOU KNOW NOTHING OF MY LIFE!" The older woman snapped. Spitting at her daughter with venom in her tone. "YOU WILL CONFIRM TO EVERYONE THAT I AM YOUR MOTHER, AND YOU WILL BE GLAD TO SAY SO. YOU NEVER HAD ANY RESPECT TOWARDS ME OR YOUR FATHER, AND NEVER ACCUSE ME OF SUCH RIDICULOUS THINGS, CHILD. I AM A MOTHER, A WIFE, AND NEVER HAVE I USED YOUR FATHER FOR SUCH ABSURD REASONS. YOU WILL RESPECT ME AND DO AS I SAY!"

Lily couldn't breath. Her lungs were closing in on themselves. Each breath she took seemed to be her last one. Each sob that ripped from her lips seemed to be louder and louder. Each breath of air she tried to regain seemed to drum through her ears and mind like a parade. Her hands shook, her eyes were puffy and red from crying, her hair was a tangled mess. She couldn't seem to stop the tears that freely flowed down her face. She wanted to scream, but she already did that and look at where it landed her. She wanted to cry every emotion she has ever felt out of her body. And so far, she seemed to be doing exactly that.

She shrunk deeper into her spot on the cushion in the carriage and prayed to any god out there that she would arrive home safe. She knew after this she would be sent to a finishing school, no questions asked. She couldn't do anything but merely pray and hope that she'd at least end up in the same finishing school as Enola. But she knew that was a plain shot in the dark.