Touring Leaves You Tired

September, 2010

-                 He'd protested over the phone that he wasn't tired after the tour had ended, ready to carry on with the tradition of wine and dine on a Friday but when a knock rang through the house, you were met with droopy eyes and a tired smile, gently lifting a bottle of red wine to wave in your face, you could tell that he only had half an hour left at a push. 

He swayed past giving you a hasty kiss to the cheek, lazily flicking off his boots as he lifted off his dark blue jumper exposing his toned back and you quickly reached towards him unable to restrict yourself from tickling his sides gently, leaving him wriggling in your touch, small giggles escaping his mouth.

As he stumbled off towards the bedroom to change into comfortable clothes, you shook your head at the stupidly expensive wine, "I was thinking, we skip dinner? Watch a movie instead, I found all the Harry Potter dvd's the other day, what do you think?" You suggested, hoping to hint that you were aware he was tired despite his efforts at convincing you he wasn't.

"Hmm," His voice become closer as he paused behind you, leaning down to press a small kiss to your shoulder, burying his face into the crook of your neck. His warmth radiating as he pulled you into him safely, hands reaching underneath your top and the feeling of his calloused fingers drawing lazy circles on your lower stomach left you humming in content; dropping your head back onto his shoulder and reaching to scratch the hair that had grown out on the back of his neck over the long tour - feeling him smile into your skin with small hums of appreciation escaping his mouth.

For a moment silence filled the kitchen - the only light illuminating came from the small array of fairy lights you'd hung up during last summer, most were dimmed and now flickered on occasion. The worry that Alex may have fell asleep right there crossed your mind as his grip loosened; quickly spinning around to jolt him back to life. Holding his head in your hands, trying to contain your laughter as he gave another lazy smirk, too tired to comprehend why you were slightly mocking him.

"Let's get you to bed, yeah?" A small nod and he was trailing behind you, still slightly leaning on you for support. "Touring always leaves you tired, don't try to convince me otherwise." You squinted at him jokingly, playfully pointing a finger towards him as he collapsed onto the bed, a half-hearted deep laugh spilled out of him as he pulled the covers up.

"You know me too well, it's scary." His voice was scratchy and you lifted the back of your fingers to soothe over his throat, rubbing gently over his bobbing adams apple, waiting a moment before turning, a warm hand reaching out quickly stopping you in your tracks, looking back to catch him pouting - his eyes filled with sleep. "Where are you going?"

"Washing my face, my love." You leaned down, brushing his messy hair out of his eyes pressing a brief kiss to his forehead, "I'll be back, I promise, just relax for me." Turning once more, heading towards the crack of light that could be seen through the door of the bathroom, quietly washing and moisturising.

While making your way to the other side of the bed you could make out outline of his body under the thick covers, his messy hair poking out now - displayed on the pillow and you wanted nothing more but to run your fingers through the tasseled ends, taking a moment to admire how much it had grown since cutting it at the beginning of the tour.

An admiring smile flashed across your face when he turned towards the feeling of the bed dipping, reaching out lazily for your body before rolling over - almost out of instinct to place his head onto your chest, wrapping his toned arms around your waist to pull himself closer, chest rumbling as he let out a deep sigh.

"I missed you, calling wasn't enough."

"I missed you and god, I missed this hair," The thought accidentally slipped out your mouth, his laugh spread a unforgiving smile onto your face, bringing your fingers to tangle harshly into his hair - leaving him trailing off into a groan of pleasure, his fingertips digging into your hip, pushing his face further to messily kiss whatever skin he could find.

"I've got so much to tell you, darling." The weight and warmth of his head now missing; reluctantly opening your eyes to see his sleepy smile, cupping the soft skin of his cheeks and smoothing the hair that fell into his eyes once more, "As much as I hate to say it, can it wait till tomorrow?" The dark room limited your vision but you could just make out his understanding, almost admiring expression before he agreed and dropped his head back to its original position.

Sleep began to take over, and the pairs breathing became even, heartbeats calmed and just before the calming sensation of unconsciousness arrived, a mutter of 'I love yous' was shared.