"KAGEYAMA-KUN, may you please take [ l/n ] -kun on a tour throughout the school?" the home room teacher asked. immediately, the raven haired boy jolted his head up and frantically looked around in response to being called. he rubbed his navy blue orbs groggily and yawned, little droplets of tears accumulating in the corners of his eyes. the boy nodded his head tiredly and stood up from his seat.

"great!" the teacher exclaimed joyfully. "please be back by the second period. [ l/n ] -kun you may place your book bag on the seat next to kageyama-kun's." she points to the empty wooden desk located to the right of an opened window. the said student wordlessly walked over to the seat and hung her bag on the hook nailed to the metal desk. [ y/n ] shivers slightly as her skin comes in contact with the cold metal. she feels the piercing stares of the other students around watching her every move and slightly ducks her head while walking back to the front of the classroom.

[ y/n ] [ l/n ] was quite the reserved girl. she would only respond to answers that were directed towards her using as little words as humanly possible. it was very rare to see her start a conversation with another if it wasn't of something to her interest nor attempt to continue one either. so when you pair a quiet and introverted girl and a socially challenged boy together, you can only imagine the tension around the two.

twenty minutes have passed and the only words that have been spoken were the names of the places that they have visited. the hallways have never felt this quiet it almost felt suffocating.

kageyama pointed to the empty room to his left. it was filled with wooden desks, similar to the ones in home room. a blackboard was situated on the wall at the front of the classroom with the homework pages from last friday written in big bold kanji characters at the bottom right hand corner and the date written at the top. chipped pieces of chalk were placed in a white box positioned to the right of the chalkboard eraser.

"math." kageyama said. [ y/n ] nodded wordlessly and continued to follow the raven haired boy down the hallways of kitagawa daichi. the young girl had recently transferred to the junior high built in the urban city of miyagi, japan. due to problems at her old school back in tokyo, her parents had decided to move over to miyagi and have a fresh new start. away from the problems and away from the pain.

miyagi was vastly different from tokyo. while tokyo life was fast, busy and loud with the streets bustling with cars, trucks, buses and tourists, miyagi was more laidback, quiet and serene. instead of hearing the consistent wails of sirens and honks of impatient drivers, the urban city provided a sense of calm and peacefulness to the dwellers. sometimes if you hear close enough, you may even experience the sounds of the ants walking on the pavement, carrying their stolen food back to the nest.

"do you play volleyball?" [ y/n ] questioned. kageyama perked up after hearing his classmate's soft and angelic voice. he nodded his head slowly wondering why this quiet girl chose to ask this question but he didn't mind. after all, it was his favorite pastime. the boy fired the same question back at her.

his navy blue optics seemed to light up at the topic of volleyball, similar to a lighthouse guiding sailors back to their cozy homes near the sea coast. the glow from his eyes seemed so bright, it clearly did not go unnoticed by the observant female. "libero." she says softly peering down at her forearms, reminiscing the echoing sound of a volleyball contacting her skin and bouncing off, in a perfect arc straight to the setter. a small smile tugs on her rosy plump lips as [ y/n ] looks back up to the young boy accompanying her on the tour. she observes the calculated eyes and the lightly calloused fingertips of the fellow volleyball player.

"are you a setter?" she inquired. kageyama's eyes widened the slightest fraction. once again, he nodded, but this time in shock. what gave him away? was what the young setter pondered, slightly scrunching his eyebrows. he decided to return the favor and he examined her too. the young female had a small and petite frame, reaching the height of approximately 160 centimeters ( 5' 3 ) , the perfect height to play the mentally and physically exhausting position of libero.