prologue

The king, my father in this new life, was a tyrant. His disregard for his daughters' well-being was chilling. True, he underwent some character development later in the novel, but that in no way justified his past actions, his willingness to sacrifice his own flesh and blood. The bloodshed in this world was rampant, painting the landscape with a scarlet hue that was impossible to ignore. Survival seemed like a distant dream in such a brutal world.

And that vile man, that embodiment of all things wicked, had adopted me. From the start he viewed me as a prey easy to obey and get of, The words were bitter in my mouth.

But it seems he doesn't have the eye to analyze a person real nature, that's what made it easy for me, he judge by appearance.

But then, I met her - the woman my sister had mentioned in her past life. Perhaps she was the reason my sister had experienced such torment, such agony. She was naive, innocent, and fragile, like a porcelain doll.

The locks of her hair were a rich brown, reminiscent of fertile earth, a color so enchanting it would make the Earth Goddess herself seethe with jealousy. Her eyes, round and the color of the clear sky, held a vulnerability that made them easy prey for despair.

This was the world I was thrust into, a world of tyranny, bloodshed, and fragile beauty. This was my fate, my second life. And I was left to navigate it, to survive, and perhaps, change the course of the story.