Chapter 1 - It Wasn't Supposed To Go Like This

Your Point Of View

I groan heavily as the light hits my eyes. As my eyes adjust, I realize I am in a clean looking room. There was a bland oak desk with a data pad, leather office chair, and the bed I am on. The bed was fitted with grey sheets, a contrast to the white walls and floor. I look to my left and let out a squeak. Angela was beside me. She had a few bruises and a barely healed busted lip. But she looks treated.

Something isn't right here, I thought to myself.

As I lock my eyes on the reinforced door, it slides open to reveal a random man in black armor. He sighs as he stares at the me. "If you would kindly, without any trouble, get dressed and come with me. I am giving you five minutes." He says simply. I tilt my head and lift the sheet, realizing both of us are naked. As he walks out, I panic and notice the two pairs of clothes on the desk. I quickly get dressed, a white shirt and black leggings. I sigh softly as I gently shake Angela.

She groans for a second, but eventually opens her eyes a bit, her bright blue eyes adjusting. She looks at me. "Mein Gott, my head... Y/N? What's going on?" She asks. "I don't honestly know. Everything went dark after the roof caved in under us." I explain. She sighs and stands, stretching. I feel my face light up like a Christmas tree. I turn around quickly, breathing in deeply. As I slowly calm myself down, I realize Angela is looking at me with a concerned expression. "It's nothing. Just uh, get dressed. Some guard wanted us dressed and following him." I state with a fake smile.

"That- Doesn't sound good, Y/N." She says, worry all over her face as she puts on the identical clothing. "If anything happens, I'll buy you time." I say to her, this time with a genuine smile. "Always the hero, Y/N." She says with a small chuckle. I laugh and motion for her to follow me. We put on the black shoes near the door and step out. The guard simply nods and marches forward. I eye his armor carefully. It is mostly black, with white underplating and red accents. The symbol of Talon is on his shoulder. I nod toward the symbol while eyeing Mercy, who only cautiously nods in response.

We are brought into a sleek grey room. A obvious one way window is on the opposite end of the door. A table is in the middle of the room with two chairs on opposite ends. The guard motions for us to sit. We do so as he exits. After a few minutes of silence, Angela decides to break the silence.

"Any injuries?" She asks. I chuckle. of course her first thought is someone else's health. "Aside from the bruises and cuts, a few stitches. I don't know from where though." I stated. She nods. "Same here, it seems." Angela says. The door opens and two figures walk in. One I recognize as the infamous Reaper. He was known for the high value targets he killed for Talon, most (if not all) being ex-Overwatch agents. The other being Moira O'Deorain, an old Blackwatch colleague of mine. Her eyes pierce mine as she has her usual stare. She seemed to barely change since those days. Her stature and her crooked smile seem to even be the same. Honestly not surprised she mixed with this crowd.

"I assume you two are gonna ask us where Overwatch plans to go next?" I ask. My expertise is espionage. Whether it be hacking a computer or playing a part, it is my forte. Reaper lets out a low growl. "Angela Zeigler. Callsign Mercy. Trained field medic, trained first responder. You have a PhD and MD and got into Overwatch due to a paper on nanobiotics in healthcare." Reaper says simply. Angela looks at him with a confused look. "Y/N Y/L/N. Callsign Crimson. Your background is mostly erased, including a suspiciously blank criminal record. However, it has been noted by previous operations against Talon of your skill in espionage. And, by Overwatch official records, you was assigned as a Lead Researcher. Off the records... More dark, hm?" Moira says with a chuckle. I keep my mouth shut and watch the two.

"Simply put, Dr. Zeigler, we need you alive. Whether you like it or not, that is the plan. We need you to make something along with Dr. O'Deorain that will terminate specific genetic codes and spare others." Reaper says. Angela instantly looks pissed. "Before it's tried, we have a bomb in Y/N." Moira states with a cocky look. Angela looks ready to question, but Reaper interrupts her. "We know if you was in danger, you would sacrifice yourself. But, if a innocent, much less a friend, is in danger, you would stay in line." Reaper states simply. Moira then drags her nails along my collarbone. "As for you, I always needed a errand girl." She purrs in my ear. I shiver in both fear and another strange emotion as she lets me go.

The rest of the night was a blur, with their demands going to Angela and any side remarks to me. When they finally put us back in our rooms, I was worn out. I lay there, not even properly noticing Angela pulling me in for a cuddle until I was basically knocked out.