guest list

3rd POV

Linus looked down at his salad, not eating it, just completely zoned out and in "another world" as Arthur described. He finally snapped out of it when he heard his name.

"Linus? Darling?" He realized Arthur has been calling him for the past 5 minutes and he turned a maroon color at the nickname given.

"Yes, Arthur?"

"Are you alright? You seemed really in thought. In another world by the looks."

"Maybe he's finally realized life is not forever and that every one at this table is gonna die one day wether they like it or not!" Lucy chimed in.

"Lucy." Arthur warned. Lucy sighed out a "fine" and he turned back to Linus. "Now, are you alright?"

"Yes, yes I'm fine.did you need anything?" Linus said as he stretched his mouth into a smile.

"Ok...I was gonna ask if you could pass me the dressing."

"Oh! Yes, here." Linus picked up the bottle of dressing and passed it to Arthur.

......................................................................

Later on, once dinner was over and the children were watching a movie with Zoe, Arthur decided to revisit the topic since Linus was being rather quiet and in a thinking stage while they tidied up the kicthen.

"Linus?"

"Hm?" Arthur walked over to the sink where Linus was and took off and put the rag he was using to clean the stove on the counter.

"Look at me." Linus turned his head to look at his lover.

His lover

Linus was still getting used to that, in a good way. Arthur placed his hand on Linus's cheek, it felt warm and homey like usual.

"Whats on your mind? It doesn't seem like your fine." Linus quickly turned his head back to the dished so he  could lie about his feelings easier, as he can't bear looking at Arthur in the eye and lying.

"Im fine, dear, really." Linus replied scrubbed a plate rather exesevly.

"Linus-" suddenly Linus cracked at how  loving and worried arthurs tone was.

"Is it so wrong I dont want my mother at our wedding?!" Arthur was suprised.

"Well- darling if you-"

Linus cut him off.

"I just feel so bad for not wanting her at our wedding becuase you don't even know where your mother is or if she's alive. And mine is alive and well yet is still dont want her there. Its cruel, i know, but shes just not so comfortable with the fact I like men. So I really don't know how it'll play out."

"Oh. Well I was gonna say that its fine if you don't want her there, you don't have to justify it. But I think you should tell her. Maybe she's had a change of heart. And I think she's gonna wanna be there for when we have a child of our own." Arthur whispered at the end with a smile..

"Child of our own? Don't we have our hands full with everyone else? And didn't you say that everyone's like your own? Plus, we can't have a child unless we use a seroget" Linus questioned.

"Of course there like my own! And i was just about to mention that.. Its just...when we were in the village the other day, I visited a clinic and found out that we could have a child if we really wanted to. We just need someone to carry our baby, and so I asked Zoe and she said aslong as you agreed she would do it. And it would be nice to have a baby. Plus the children are getting older. And I'm not saying we do this tommorow. Its more of a thing for the future."