Uncertain Deception

Unexpected Deception …

Why do I always fall into the same trap?

How dare I allow myself for one second to think that you’ll stop and think about what you’re doing? What you’re doing to me, and those around you. Don’t you know it isn’t right?

Don’t you see yourself entangled in your lies?

Vines wrapped around you from head to toe. No one can see what you really look like now. No one even knows what you are.

Why do you do this to yourself?

No one listens to what you have to say. No one can hear the muffled noises; the vines have covered your mouth. No truth seems to escape anymore, so no one wants to hear what you have to say.

Why do you do this to yourself?

The vines are turning a bright white; they become sticky, and lightly coated in morning dew drops. Have they become a web?

How you ask?

You wouldn’t stop. You wouldn’t stop deceiving. You wouldn’t stop lying. The lies capture you like prey caught in a spider’s web, instead over covering you like the vines.

It grows worse as you continue you know ...

Why do you do this to yourself?

Oblivious of how it’s happening, you try to escape. You begin to create even more lies, trying to untangle yourself strand by strand, only to get more tangled by the second.

Maybe you should stop speaking, it might stop.

But … You know how to stop it for sure don’t you?

Why don’t you just do it already?

You’re getting tangled further in your web. It’s no longer a web of lies but despair.

I’ll keep asking.

Why do you do this too yourself?

Why do you never stop lying?

Deceiving everyone …

Even yourself

It’s just a sad, exasperating thing to watch.

Please stop …

Stop, stop, stop, stop

Just tell the truth already.

The web will untangle on its own.

Are you waiting for someone to tell you this?

Times running out, you’ll suffocate if you don’t hurry.

Why don’t you just do it?

Time’s running out.

You still do nothing?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why did you do this too yourself?