"No. Why?"

"I could wait for you to change, Maura. I don't mind."

"No. I'm good," she smiled and looked at me curiously, as if I was insane for making her change her revealing bathing suit.

"But I'm not!"

"Why?"

She probably didn't have a clue why it bothered me so much.

"Look, don't you have a whole bathing suit or something? I think it's a bit cold out there," I pointed at the big window, looking outside.

"What are you talking about? It's very warm. Actually, it's really, really hot, so I can't wait to take a dip in the sea and cool myself off," Maura replied.

"No, it's not that hot, Maura. I think you should change."

"What's going on, Jane? Is my bathing suit bothering you or something?" she asked, bemused.

"Yes," I admitted the obvious, but she still seemed clueless.

"Why?"

Did she really need to ask?!

"Because... Maura, just look outside. The beach is full. See," I pointed at the window," there are plenty of men who are just waiting for you to go out there and drool all over you, ogling your body like some piece of meat."

"But I don't care about that," she shrugged nonchalantly as if it wasn't important at all.

"Well, but I do," I responded, hoping she would understand me and change her revealing outfit.

"Then what am I supposed to do? Wear a burka to make you feel better?" she asked, irritated at me.

"That would be great. Thanks," I joked, but she obviously didn't like it. She was annoyed with me, I could tell just by the way she looked at me. Maura just turned her back to me and started folding and putting some towels in her backpack, getting ready to go. And as she did that, I noticed she was wearing thongs. I was flabbergasted by her outfit even more than before. I was going to have a stroke. She was going to be the death of me.

"Thongs, Maura? Are you kidding me? You might as well go naked!" I exclaimed, highly irritated by her bold choice of bathing suit.

"I don't mind going to a nude beach, Jane. I would feel much better naked, and I would get an even tan," Maura replied calmly.

"But we are not on a nude beach, Maura. And there are small children out there. At least put something on your waist," I said, trying to seem cool about it, even though I was very bothered by her revealing outfit. How could she go out like that!?

"I don't have a one-piece swimsuit, Jane. But I do have a cover-up," she replied, taking it from the bag to show me. She took the cover-up and put it on her waist. "See?" Maura said as she tightened it up, but it was so thin and see-through that it made no difference whatsoever.

"Muuch better," I retorted, pressing my lips together.

"I don't know why it's bothering you, Jane. But I am not telling you how to dress, and neither should you. I don't understand, are you jealous or something?"

"No, of course not. Let's go," I said, cutting the conversation short, or in other words, the heated discussion we were having, not leaving her any time to start questioning me about jealousy or about my feelings. She didn't need to know how insecure I felt. Maybe I screwed up by showing my jealousy, but I just couldn't help it.

Without further questions, we went to the beach, looking around to find a free spot that was also close to the sea. The beach was full, and I didn't like it. Everyone was looking at Maura, and I simply wanted to go back to our room. Then a man came near us.