【Chapter 10】

Start from the beginning

She wanted nothing more.

"Wait," Beadie took a step back, her eyes looking at the curtains like she could see beyond it, see the other girls outside. "We have to help them. The girls."

"We will," Alejandro stepped closer to her, reaching his right hand out to her. "But we have to go."

Beadie looked at his hand before her eyes found his. She liked looking into his eyes, they were warm and dark and held forbidden promises. Promises his touch whispered on her skin like a prayer before.

She took his hand without thinking, trusting him with her life and that he would keep his promise. It was a little scary how much she trusted him already, even though she barely knew him. But it felt like she knew him for months now.

Alejandro led the way towards the main room, straight through the curtains. He slowed down a little and helped her step over the pool of blood on the floor, not letting go of her hand for a second. The gentle gesture caused some butterflies to appear in her stomach, taking her back to the time when she had the biggest crush of a lifetime on a guy in high school.

The only difference was that this time it was a man who broke into a cartel mansion, took another guard's clothes as a disguise, took his time to look for her and now was ready to hunt down said cartel's head.

As they stepped into the main area, the music almost blasted her ears. Everybody was drinking and laughing without a care in the world, clearly nobody noticing how a man just died among them. She noticed how a table on the left cleared, their unfinished food left on the table. She smirked at the sight, already knowing the cause of why they left.

Alejandro's hand slipped from her, warmth leaving her body with it. His eyes were already looking around the room, eyes seemingly void of anything. As he took a step away from her, ready to bland back with the staff, Beadie quickly stepped in front of him.

Without her heels, their height difference was much more prominent, her head tilting back just to maintain eye contact. His eyebrows furrowed at her, not quite following.

"We can't go anywhere without a guard," Beadie muttered to him, gesturing wildly towards the east hallway. His eyes widened slightly because she was letting know to everyone where they were going.

But he had to pretend to escort one of the girls. Like Beadie said, they couldn't go anywhere without a guard. So he nodded, leading the way by being in front of her by two steps. And the woman followed him, her head tilted down and her eyes fixed on his lower back like she usually did.

They're going to be fine.

As they walked along the wall, a drunk man from the nearest table whistled towards them, his meaty arm waving around the air.

"Bring her to me!"

Alejandro barely glanced at the man as he scoffed, quickening his pace like he couldn't get out of there fast enough. Not like Beadie wanted to complain, she would happily run out the nearest door into freedom. But they had a job to do.

In a matter of minutes, the two of them arrived at the east hallway, which Beadie knew had the least traffic. Usually, the kitchen staff used this to bring food and drinks, but since the party was now on full blast and had been going on for hours, they probably went to rest for a bit. Which meant that they could be alone.

"All stations, I got Poison Ivy," Alejandro spoke, her head snapping in his direction. She wasn't even that surprised that he had an earpiece to contact their team. "I heard you were busy in here."

Now, he directed his words to her, his dark eyes looking at her. The amusement in his voice caused a small smile to appear on her lips, the first one since she got in here. She just shrugged her shoulder in a small motion, stepping beside him and leaning against the open window.