Really Weird Things

En başından başla

At least now she's in a minty closet, but it's so stuffy and Madelene impatiently waits for the voices to go so she can go out again.

???: It won't be a problem. I'll have the Abominations working day and night to make sure the factory is fixed in a month.

???: Make it two weeks Alador.

With a tired sigh still audible inside the closet, Alador agrees.

???: Good. If you will excuse me, I will be in my office.

Alador: I'll have you called when dinner is ready, Odalia.

Odalia: Good.

She hears two sets of footprints go into different directions and before she could come out however, one footstep stops... then turns back, getting closer and closer than she's comfortable with.

A door opens, and Madelene's voice hitches as she hears it padding just outside her hiding spot. She doesn't know who it is, but they surely stay too long as if trying to find if the room's residents are present or not.

Seeing her chance after the door closes again, she tries to get out, but her head catches on hanging clothes causing her to struggle. One even wound up on her neck.

Madelene: Oh come on! I will not! Be bested! By fabric!

After a while she manages to free herself and get a good look at what she was tangled in. She gave it a suspicious look, thinking whether it's alive trying to eat her or just her clumsiness besting her. Seeing that it is not, she gradually lowers her apprehensiveness, slowly finding the garment appealing.

Madelene: Oooh, now this is what you call style.

It was a black suit with purple accents, complete with a bowtie. She wanted to take it out and pose in front of the standing mirror with it when Emira and Amity arrived.

Both look at her while she stares back, wide eyed. Amity's face turns indifferent, shaking her head.

Amity: We're running around here trying to stay hidden. And then, there's you. What are you doing?

Madelene: In my defense, it strangled me first.

Emira: Ugh, you hid in my closet then. I didn't organize that one for days.

Madelene: Better than the stinky one!

Edric: Hey, it's mine! Respect my decisions!

Madelene: Decisions to put your clean clothes and dirty clothes in one room?

Edric: They're divided.

With that stupid response, did Madelene's frown deepened in disbelief.

Madelene: Uh yeah? With a small space in between!? What about the odor!?

Amity: Should we really be fighting about that?

Amity intervened, nervously looking back and forth towards the closed door.

Emira: Mittens is right. You two stop with the antics for now, we're going back to school.

Amity: Em, the box?

She pointed towards it as Emira nodded, taking it with her.

Emira: We'll take it, we need to find a spot where we can hide it.

Amity: To the camp?

Emira: Too open. How about your secret room?

Madelene works her way towards the small balcony and searches the side, her sibling's discussion flying over her head. Finding an escape route is more important after all. Confirming that the vines running unto the walls are sturdy, she went down slowly as the others followed her down.