1. no frat boys over night

Sofia

In hindsight watching true crime documentary about one of the most notorious serial killers during a bad thunderstorm was just asking for a terrible troublesome sleepless night. But when you've already run through your watch later list on Netflix in less than a week you get desperate for something to fill the quiet void, even if it makes you stay awake.

The loud cracks of the thunder across the night sky complimented the rather long and eerie description the host of the show was making about Ted Bundy. With the endless flood warnings throughout the night, I didn't have much of a choice but to stay in. But truth being told, being isolated in my own home is what I did most of the time anyways.

Nights as bland as these I regretted not taking my best friend Lacie's offer of going to France to meet her new boyfriends family before embarking on her semester long study abroad program in Paris.

She had met him during our Cabo trip last spring break and practically had a ring on her finger already. I couldn't remember much of their meet cute as I was vomiting every 5 minutes because miraculously I, the only latina on the trip, was the only one that got food poisoning. I didn't live that down for months.

But it was until I dropped Lacie off at the airport that I realized we hadn't been apart for more than two days since my freshman year at Finch University. Now I had to face the music that without having THE Lacie Barone at my side 24/7 I was one of the most boring and bland people to ever grace the earth.

The loud crack of thunder shuddered its way across the living room making the lights flicker. The sound rang through the house as the unmistakable sound of knocking on the door lingered. A chill ran throughout my spin as the knock intensified into slow but loud hits to the door.

Just my luck this was the part in the documentary where Ted Bundy killed his victims, didn't help that his primary victims was sorority girls.

I often prided myself on being the rational one in the sorority but in moments like these when your adrenaline is running so high you want to vomit, common sense goes out the door. And currently at the door was either a confused delivery food guy or a serial killer.

My hands slightly shook under the anxiety as my eyes looked through the peephole only to find a guy in khaki shorts and a white button up that soaked up water from the rain. His curly hair was a mess as he gripped to the door frame for his dear life.

His sharp blue eyes were made more clear as he shifted his body in clearer view, "I-think y-you took mah hoodie, would-ya pwease open the door." The blond guy said as he slurred his words in an incoherent manner.

My mind went blank going through all the scenarios in the would end me up on a problematic true crime podcast that would profit off my stupid decision to help the man on the other side of the door.

"Lacieee pleaaase, its so coldddd." The mysterious guy continued to pleaded as he clung onto the door frame.

Lacie.

There was a slight sense of relief entering my body knowing this was probably one of her many exes that wanted her back or wanted to cuss her out. It wouldn't have been the first time as Lacie could get a guy completely head over heels for her in a matter of minutes.

As his face shifted closer to the peephole I vaguely remembered him from a frat around campus, more importantly our brother frat I honestly couldn't remember his name to same his life but as I opened the door I remembered his curly hair that now sat on his head like a wet poodle.