"Yeah, it's a little annoying." Maki chimed in, letting you know that Ryo spoke up. "Sorry."

"So Maki, why're you a Jujutsu sorcerer then? If you don't have any cursed energy?" Yuta asked, turning to Maki.

"To spite them!" She grinned. "I wanna become a Grade 1 sorcerer to stick it in my family's faces!" She said with pride, you and Yuta just stared at her.

"...What?" She questioned roughly.

"Nothing...I was just thinking, that's so like you." You answered with a warm smile. Maki looked at you with a raised brow.

"...Anyways, what do you want to do after you graduate, Y/n?" Yuta asked, turning to you. You looked at him. "Just live my life the way it's gonna go." You answered truthfully. Both Maki and Yuta blinked at you in confusion.

You sighed, "Whatever." You mumbled before resting your chin on your hand again. "I also want to live a happy life, and I want the people I care about to live a happy life, as well." You continued with a smile. Yuta smiled back at you while Maki just stared at you.

"...When're you gonna stop glaring daggers at me?" You asked before chuckling nervously. She just blinked slowly. "Sorry. I was zoning off for a second." She said before turning away.

She looks so cute, You thought while giggling to yourself.

"...Whatever. I'm going back to my room."

"Yeah, with Y/n in itttt~~"

"RYO YOU LITTLE SHIT!-" You yelled out, and the other two looked at you with confused expressions and figurative question marks over their heads. That's when you realized Ryo purposely did that to embarrass you.

Ryo I hate you so much.

..

Maki walked out the room and shut the door, looking down at the floor with a blush.

You frowned before turning around and seeing the sky turn darker.

"Huh?! A veil?! Who, why?!" Yuta questioned as he got up to look out the window. You echoed his actions, plus a frown.

"Tch, whatever. Yuta, come on." You said as you turned around and walked towards the door to push it open.

Maki turned around and saw you, "Did you see it?"

"Yeah. Me and Yuta are on our way to take care of it, you can come if you want." You grunted, turning the other way towards the door. She huffed before following after you and Yuta.

You and him went together while Maki split up from you two and went to grab her cursed tool.

Hey, Ryo.

"What?"

There's an intruder again. Think you can help me out?

With a sigh, "Sure." You felt a katana begin to form in your hand but you didn't bother to look down at it.

"You ready, Y/n?" Yuta asked as you kicked open the door for the two of you to walk out. You nodded in response, "I'll bet you anything it's that Geto again. He said something about starting a war..but I didn't think he'd show up now! Maybe that's because everybody else left us here all alone; I wonder if Gojo's just now realizing that Geto showed up here instead of Shinjuku." You answered, stepping over a few roots and dead plants on the ground.

Soon after, Maki joined back up with you two. Every step you took, you felt the presence of cursed energy getting more and more overwhelming, but you'd be damned if you were going to let that deter you from getting a good kick at Geto.