Steve sets you back on your feet, pressing a wet kiss to your forehead with another blinding grin, "Thanks, honey. All for you." His hands are still looped around your waist, resting gently against the small of your back. "Heard you cheering the entire game."

"Yeah?" you ask, returning his grin as your fingers trace along the neckline of his jersey. "Good. Matt's girlfriend kept giving me dirty looks for cheering so loud, but I think she's just jealous her boyfriend isn't as hot or talented as mine. I've got an all-star. The MVP."

Dark pink colors Steve's face from his neck all the way up to the tips of his ears, even though he's still smiling at you, "Stop it. I'm not—"

"Don't even start!" you quickly cut him off, placing a finger against his lips, "If I remember correctly, it was you who pitched a bunch of strikeouts, and held them off in the last inning. I'm so proud of you."

He wants to argue, but you're staring at him full of pride, so he gives in. His cheeks are still flushed pink as he smiles at you, pursing his lips to kiss the finger still pressed to his lips, "Thanks, baby. Love you so much. Couldn't do it without you."

You know that's not true — you show up to all of his games, and sometimes you pack him extra snacks and water, but that's about it. He's the one who puts in all of the hard work during practice, at games, and during all of the other time he uses to improve. You are really proud of him, in every single way, and you want to let him know. Threading your fingers into the damp hair at the nape of Steve's neck, you lean up on your toes to whisper in his ear, "I think the MVP deserves a prize. What do you think, handsome?"

Steve's eyes grow wide, hands spreading over your hips to keep your body flush to his. He stumbles over his words when he finally speaks, "Shit, baby, I-I... yeah, okay."

Leaning up on your toes, you give Steve a grin before pressing a kiss to the corner of his mouth, "Should we go?"

"Oh, definitely," Steve nods quickly, leaning into you for a kiss. He kisses you with just enough force that you bend at the waist slightly, giggling against his lips as you grasp at his shoulders.

"Okay, okay. Don't get ahead of yourself," you push at him gently, though you're grinning when he pulls back.

He lets out a soft huff, eyes narrowing playfully at you as he grabs his bat bag and hoists it up over his shoulder again. He's quick to start the trek back to his car, turning to face you as he walks backward with a cheeky grin on his face. His arms are held out to his sides as he calls, "You comin' with me or what, babe?"

Not wanting him to get too far ahead, you jog to catch up to him, slipping your hand into his as your shoulders bump, "You don't even know what the prize is, Stevie."

Scoffing, Steve turns to you with a smug and knowing smile on his lips, "Oh, I know what it is." Still, he's gentle with you, giving your hand a soft squeeze and throwing a ridiculously exaggerated wink your way to make you smile. He dumps his gear into the trunk of his car, letting it close with a loud thud as he turns to you, arms caging your body against the side of his car. His breath is hot on your neck as he dips down so his lips ghost over the skin just below your ear, "The prize... it's not actually a physical prize, right?"

You can't help it — you let out a laugh, head tilting back as you wrap your arms around Steve's neck to draw him in closer, "Depends on what you mean by physical..."

"Baby," Steve groans with a laugh, taking advantage of your exposed skin by pressing wet kisses up the side of your neck and along your jaw. You want to reply with another sarcastic remark, but your breath hitches as his teeth graze your skin. So, instead, you cup his jaw in your hands and pull his mouth to yours for a kiss.