She cleared her throat, if he heard it, he pretended to be more interested in his coffee.

'Mr Swanson, our first order of business will be to get you out and about and looking healthy. Looking like the....' She broke off, wondering how to word what she wanted to say without getting his back up.

'Like a junkie' he supplied, with a wink.

She nodded curtly, smoothing the front of her jacket. 'We want people to see that you are rehabilitated, we want people to welcome you back into their lives. Now this morning I have secured you a membership at a gym downtown, after which we will be attending a luncheon for a children's hospital where I volunteer weekly. The rest of the day will be yours to do as you please.'

She finished her speech, waiting for his response, but all she got was a grunt. He slid off the stool and strode past her, his towelled robe falling open. She tried to avoid looking, but he was an expanse of a man, and the robe fell open to reveal hard, tanned, muscular flesh. She couldn't look away if she wanted to. He didn't notice her awe, and instead disappeared to dress himself, muttering to himself.

'Damn you for being so ripped!' he whispered, slapping the kitchen counter. The last thing she needed was a distraction. It was a very good thing that he was such a despicable person, otherwise she might be tempted to catch him here in a state of undress, more often.

Her car was cramped and the hanging pine scented freshener did nothing to rid the car of the lingering scent of wet dog. He pushed the seat back as far as it would go, and then pushed some more.

'If you break the seat you'll pay for it.' She warned, in a school mistress tone, starting up the car. He made a mental note to buy her something more befitting of him. If she lasted the week, and if he ever made enough to buy the car in the first place. Frank had taken control of his account following the sale of the estate, and although he wasn't eager to squander what he had left on his old friend, cocaine, he wouldn't say no to a weekend in Vegas. He could himself some female company and down a crate of champagne. He didn't let his thoughts wander any further, however. He's spent enough solitary time whilst in Thailand, to know he didn't want to venture down the same path again. His demons seemed much more alluring here however, and with this dowdy creature by his side, maybe he would stay on the straight and narrow.

The first surprise of the day, came as they arrived at the gym. It wasn't the kind of place he'd expected her to bring him to. It actually looked clean and modern, and way beyond what he could realistically afford right now. Even he knew that. As he stepped inside, the cool air welcomed him, and as he caught a glimpse of the equipment he remembered a time when going to the gym was part of his every day schedule. Akin to eating dinner, or taking a shower. He watched with interest as she approached the counter, the women smiled warmly at her, and they went over some paperwork. As Lena led him to the locker rooms, she turned to face him, her poker face firmly on.

'This membership is a favour from the hospital. This place is a unit for rehabilitating patients from the Sacred Heart, and most staff members use it too. That means no flirting with anyone, just keep your head down and enjoy the endorphins. You're gonna come back here everyday for a month, after that we'll think about moving you somewhere else. Kapiche?'

He raised his eyebrows at that last word of hers. She was the oddest woman he had ever known, and the sternest. If he wanted to sneak out of here for a cigarette he would bet his life that she'd find him. She was the ballbusting kinda woman that didn't take shit. He'd commend her if she wasn't such a pain in the ass.

'You're gonna watch me?' he asked.

'I'm working on something'. She tapped her tablet with one short, unpainted, no nonsense nail. 'But' she said, with emphasis, 'I will be in the same room. I'm not to leave your side. Frank's orders.'

Once he was back in the limelight he was going to get Frank back.

She tried to concentrate on the speech she was writing, ahead of the luncheon, but he'd removed his shirt and she found it hard not to drool. Even with his lank, unkempt locks, she could see what the appeal had been in his heyday. His dark eyes were brooding, they were alluring and rich, inviting you to gaze into them, so he could lull a woman into his affections. His bone structure was strong and defined, with a jawline that a Calvin Klein model would be envious of.

'It's alright to stare.' He piped up, an amused smirk on his face. 'I doubt you've seen a specimen like me before.'

She caught his gaze, glaring at him. 'Don't flatter yourself Mr Swanson. I'm merely lost in thought. I was just staring ahead.'

She went back to the speech, but could feel his eyes on her, boring into her. There was a perfectly good TV on the wall showing music videos featuring scantily clad barely legal pop stars. Surely he should be more interested in that. She managed to keep her cool and concentrate enough to finish, just in time for her to watch him stroll through to the showers. She took a deep breath, hoping he would behave for the luncheon, but knowing full well, from the youtube videos she swatted up on, that that would be an achievement for him.