𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Start from the beginning

Andi, who doesn't understand the tension, goes back to ecstatic escort mode as she shows us to our quarters here.

There are so many buttons and automatic contraptions that it's overwhelming. Really, I just went to take a shower to get all the make-up off, but when I go into the shower, there's a huge panel with hundreds of buttons that regulate water temperature, control different shampoos, soaps conditioners, scents, oils, and massaging sponges.

Once I get out, blow dryers come on that dry me. Then there's this box that dries and untangles my hair using a current of air.

I can program the closet for an outfit, so I do this, and make it as simple as possible. After this, I play around with the window, changing it to different views of the city and all of Panem. Eventually, I turn it off. Not sure what else to do, I kind of just sit down on the edge of my bed and do nothing.

After about ten minutes of doing nothing, the door to my room opens and my brother leans against the doorframe. "Dinner's ready," he tells me.

"Okay," I say, not getting up.

"Come on," Finnick prompts. "Let's go."

"Yeah," I say, getting up slowly.

Finnick moves out of my doorway and ushers me out.

"Would you calm down?" I say, annoyed.

"Would you stop being lazy?" Finnick snaps. I stop walking and slowly turn around.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize there's more for me to do while I wait to get killed for entertainment," I say.

"Oh, God, would you stop saying that you're going to die?"

"Why? It's true, isn't it?" I say. "I'm barely fourteen, Finnick. And there are already people with me on their hit list. And yeah, you got through the Games, but you weren't being targeted by everyone! I can't fight everyone!"

"You're not going to fight everyone Callyn, stop exaggerating."

I feel the hysteria rising in me. "Literally the minute I got down there, District One comes over to me and refers to me as the 'weaker Odair'.  Take it from them. I'm dead, Finnick."

"What, you think One's going to waste their time hunting you down?" Finnick scoffs, but I can read him like a book. 

"Yes, I do. And so do you."

"Well, I won. So can you."

"Weaker Odair, remember?"

"Just shut up."

"Yes, of course, I forgot you're in charge of everyone."

"Not everyone. But yeah, I'm in charge of you."

"You're my brother, not my dad," I inform him.

"In case you haven't noticed, our dad is DEAD!"

"No, I obviously haven't noticed, thanks for clearing that up!"

Linden, who's come over now that we're yelling, says, "Guys, maybe-"

"You're a brat, you know that right?" Finnick yells.

"AND YOU'RE A JERK!"

Finnick makes a movement with his arm like he's going to hit me, and Linden flies between us.

"You two need to chill," Linden says shortly, then steps out from between us and walks to the dining room.

Finnick and I look at each other. "I'm sorry. I am a jerk," Finnick says.

"No, you're not. We're both upset. It's fine."

"No, it's not. I've got to stop taking it out on you."

"That's a good idea," I say.

Finnick laughs and wraps his arms around me and gives me a quick squeeze. "I'm sorry, Cal. Really."

Somehow, I feel like he's not apologizing for yelling at me.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hey loves!

y'all shit's wild

finnick when callyn doesn't walk fast enough: