· Chapter 4 - Ameth ·

Being back on the Crest is just as mind-blowing as the first time he stepped foot on it.

As soon as he walks up the ramp, the Mandalorian is quick to lift it and close the ship, not dithering in her actions as she immediately dashes for the cockpit. Din follows, remaining quiet and always out of the way—he does not want to have the hunter regretting her decision on playing taxi service for him. On the way to the cockpit, however, he does stop to take a good look at the hunter's wide-open weapon storage; it is then that he realizes just how good she is at her job, seeing all her equipment clean and ready to go, organized top to bottom from powerful and quick blasters to more precise and long-distance weapons, including a net launcher. Din shivers at the sight of it, and can only wonder what kind of bounties are deserving of such treatment.

As he is about to move on from the wall-closet, he quickly feels and hears the dual engines firing up, a clear sign that the Razor Crest is about to take off. Without thinking, Din holds onto the ladder leading to the cockpit, and awaits the incoming pull of hyperspace with a grin on his face.

He can't really believe he's getting off of Nevarro alive.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The sun is just starting to rise on Jihpu as the Razor Crest lands on the deserted field. Din feels glad to be back on the small planet he had taken refuge in, however he knows he needs to change locations soon—to avoid any other confrontation with more hunters on his trail.

With this thought in mind, he stands from the passenger seat with a grunted sigh. Far too lost on his own thoughts, he completely misses the questioning tilt of the Mandalorian's helmet as she stares at him, following his form with her T-visor until he descends the ladder completely and gets out of her sight. Djarin readjusts his cloak, and the rifle, admitting to himself he feels quite safer with them on his persona than without.

He spins on his spot as he hears the Mandalorian's Beskar armor clinking as she descends the ladder, and almost immediately after, she uses her vambrace to lower the ramp. A gust of wind enters the ship as the opening widens, sending a minuscule quantity of desert dust inside the Crest. Once the ramp is fully down, Din stills and stares at the small yet quaint town, not too far from the Crest's landing spot. It is quiet. Perhaps too quiet for his liking—he can't help but think quiet means danger now, but maybe it is because, despite her tough demeanor, Din has already gotten used to Mando's company.

Or, perhaps, Din realizes all these cycles he'd spent alone, running, fighting and escaping, he could have done so with someone. With a partner. Deep within him, a small voice tells him to ask the Mandalorian to let him join her crew. To allow him to stay with her during her hunts, aiding her, repairing the Crest—become her partner-in-crime.

The soft shove he receives from her as he continues on to stare in the distance quickly quietens said voice, bringing him back to the present. He quickly mumbles an apology as he walks down the ramp, not even glancing back at the hunter as he steps on firm ground. Then, with another sigh escaping him, he turns to thank the Mandalorian, to tell her to wait so he can retrieve the promised credits—only he jumps up slightly when he suddenly sees her standing right next to him, staring at him curiously through the T-visor, but what surprises him the most is her statement.

"No need to pay me." Then, she produces a Beskar bar from a brown bag strapped to her belt. She offers it to him, nudging his hand a little with it. "Consider this a second chance. Do not waste it."

Before he can mutter his most sincere thanks, Mando turns sharply and climbs up the ramp, only turning back to nod at him goodbye. Din returns the nod with a grateful smile tugging at his lips, and watches as the ramp once again lifts up and closes. He steps backwards until he's at a safe distance, and looks on in awe as the Mandalorian fires up the engines, and takes off in one swift maneuver.