"hanging out with chan and jisung. why?"

"do you know lee minho?" i decide to drop the bomb, not wanting to beat around the bush any longer.

"um, yeah?"

"is he single?" i hear him chuckle slightly, though we weren't close, he knew how i was when it came to people i had crushes on. he was friends with soobin after all.

"he's not. sorry soomin." he responds.

"damn." i pout. "well thanks anyway." instantly making the mental note to back off. i was never the type to interfere with someone's relationship, no matter how attractive he may be. i couldn't help but feel extremely envious of whoever got lucky enough to be with him.

"is that all you called me for?" he asks with a laugh.

"yeah." i tell him honestly, causing him to laugh even more.

"well, don't be a stranger, soomin."

"yeah, you too." i pick up my phone, preparing to end the call.

"soomin! did you and soobin ever study for that test?" i recognized chan's voice through the phone, he was in the same class as soobin and i.

"yeah, have you?" i chuckle, knowing he definitely didn't. he never studies, yet always makes perfect grades. he swears up and down that he doesn't cheat, but i never know if i could believe him or not.

"nope. maybe you and soobin can come over and help."

"are you saying you're going to study for once?" i ask in amusement.

"yeah, it's a difficult test." he defends himself.

"or did all your cheating websites get shut down?" i joke.

"so funny." he says sarcastically. "i'll text soobin later."

"works for me."

"cool. cya soomin!" he exclaims, ending the call before i had a chance to say it back. i chuckle slightly, spooning some of the food out of my bowl and into my mouth, reveling in the taste of it as i hadn't had much to eat yet.

"soomin!" soobin yells, quickly making his way down the stairs. i could tell by his tone that he was angry. why? i have no clue.

"what?" i furrow my eyebrows as he bursts into the kitchen, glaring at me.

"where is it." he deadpans.

"you're going to have to be a little more specific."

"my lube." my eyes widen momentarily before i realize what he's talking about.

"red bottle? half empty?" i ask, he nods.

"it's on our bathroom sink, dingus. i didn't touch it." his ears glow red with embarrassment before he quickly turns around. "why do you even need lube right now?" i question, noting how his girlfriend was not here.

"i-i'm letting yeonjun borrow it." he says, giving no further explanation as he practically runs out of the kitchen, just as fast as he bursted in.

"something's up with you, and i'm gonna find out!" i call after him, continuing to eat my food. i knew him as well as i knew myself, and he was definitely not acting normal. the vibration of my phone pulls me out of my thoughts, a text from an unknown number flashing on my screen.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

change of plans. soobin
said he's busy. are you
free right now?

who is this?

wow you don't have
my number saved...

it's chan.

OH! hi chan. i'm
free now. why?

wanna come over and
help me study?

tonight?

yup.

what's in it for me?

the satisfaction of
helping a fellow
classmate?

...

minho is here.

he has a partner.

...

minho is here.

...

on my way.

-

"why did i agree?" i mumble to myself. it's not like he's going to fall in love with me when he sees me, and leave his partner. i didn't want that to happen either, i hated getting in between relationships. but i would be lying if i said i didn't want to see him again. just because he was taken doesn't mean he isn't nice to look at.

i quickly finish up my food, cleaning up any mess i made before running into my room. i slide on a pair of fitted leggings, pairing it with a loose, long-sleeved crop top, and deciding to leave my hair down, and jewelry in. i then grab everything i'll need to study, heading back out to slide on my shoes by the door.

"soobin! i'm going out!" i call out.

"where?" he yells back.

"chan's!"

"be careful!" and with that, i head out the door, stepping into the crisp fall weather. i grip the strap of my backpack, walking down the sidewalk towards chan's house. i was thankful he didn't live very far from us. i found myself walking a little bit faster than i normally would, a small smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

i get to see minho again.