Ch 14: 'Up All Night'

Depuis le début

Shigaraki: "The 'main character' won, huh...?"

He silently muttered to himself, his face hidden by the shadows as he repeatedly scratched at his neck. But neither this, nor anything else could affect (Y/n) right now. He was stuck in a state of awe as he struggled to tear his eyes away from the amazed crowd around him. Though, Bakugo did his best to do that.

Bakugo: "Bro! Can you fucking believe this?! These people love you! They're gonna be up all fuckin' night screaming your name!"

(Y/n): [Chuckles lightly] "I-I don't know about that, man..."

Though, it honestly sounded kinda call to have people cheering for him. Enough that it brought a smile back to (Y/n)'s lips. It was as this excited feeling ran through his body that he took a moment to glance up at the teacher's box All Might was seated in with a bunch of other familiar faces. There, teachers ranging from Snipe to Thirteen could be seen offering their own applause for (Y/n) and his victory this day. All the while, next to them, All Might struggled to not shake his body out of his seat due to how excited he was for (Y/n).

But for every person that was excited for (Y/n)'s victory, there were a few who were displeased by the sight. One such person was Tomura Shigaraki. But the leader of the league of villains was not the only one. In fact, one other person who was sick from seeing people cheering on (Y/n), was much closer than anyone knew. To the side, placed on a knee as he caught his breath, Kaito could be seen offering (Y/n) yet another fierce glare. One filled with so much rage and anger. Such was made clear bny the way he suddenly slammed his fist into the ground.

Kaito: [Thoughts] "...Enjoy the victory whilst you can, Deku. You're nothing but a sheep to these people. Once you get a taste of defeat, they'll forget you even existed. Same can be said for everyone else at this school. You're not special. You're no rival. You're nothing...And I'll use this Sports Festival to show them that...Just you wait."

Another person who held ill disregard toward (Y/n), though not on the same level as Kaito, was Todoroki. A look of defeat rested on his face as he looked at the ground before him. Sweat and dry air escaped his mouth as he lifted his head to see the victorious expression on (Y/n)'s face. But whereas such a look angered Kaito. It seemed pushed Todoroki forward. To do better. To come out on top. 

And that drive to be the best was only catapulted further when he turned his gaze toward the crowd, upon doing so, his eyes landed on a familiar face. One surrounded by the flames of hell itself. In the end, Todoroki simply walked off, something (Y/n) managed to catch sight of. But before he could do or say anything, his focus was directed elsewhere when a familiar voice called out abruptly.

[Your POV]

"(Y/n), you were amazing!"

(Y/n): "Huh?"

I didn't exactly know who'd be calling me amazing after a race where we were all going up against each other, but I soon came to understand why someone would say that when I turned around to see Uraraka was the cause. She gave off a cute agitated as she stomped her way over to Bakugo and I. Despite just finishing the race, she still found ways to find energy in complaining...Wait, did I just call her cute?

Uraraka: [Groans] "Man! I was really hoping I'd win this time! I didn't even get to use my special move!"

Yeah...Definitely cute.

Uraraka: "I mean, you got to use yours! That was so not fair!"

(Y/n): [Chuckles] "Sorry, Uraraka. I just wanted to get those villain bots out of the way."

Uraraka: [Sighs] "It's fine...Though, I don't know if Iida will be able to accept defeat as well as I can."

(Y/n): "Huh? What do you--"