Mall Than Meets the Eye

Start from the beginning

Burgertron cleared his throat pipes as he watched C/n walked over to the group, arms crossed over his chest. "This room we're in is the 'Lost & Found'." He said and tore off some papers to reveal the map of the mall that hanged on the wall. "See? 'You are here'." Burgertron said, pointing to the yellow X on the map. "How does it know? How does the map know where we are?" Clogstopper asked, dashing over to the map. You sighed as you walked over and picked him up, taking him back to the group. "It's called a map for a reason, so then no one can get lost." You stated, placing him down.

"But the rest of the Mall out here? This is the entire universe!" Burgertron stated, throwing his hands up in the air with the biggest smile. The group made noises of awe, but not you. 'Just let them be oblivious, they don't need to know' You said to yourself in your head.

"And all of us Bots belong to a different squad! Like the Jock Squad! If all of your shoes have cleats or you actually are a shoe with cleat, this is your crew! Then, we've got the Sugar Shocks. They talk three times faster than any of us and I kinda get a stomachache just hanging out near them. The Gamer Geeks control all the Mall systems so we're never on the Security Guard's monitors. And then there's the Custodial Crew who, eh... actually you know what, the less I tell you about them the better to be honest. There's a bunch more squads, but let's get to the most important one of all, the Hunger Hubs, who rule the Food Court, let by their fearless and handsome leader, me!" Burgertron informed.

"But I had a tiny mishap, and now I gotta get back. My friends must be going nuts without the 'Captain of Fun'. That's what I- they call me." Burgertron added.

"There's a 'Jock Squad'? A team of Me's? *Excitedly Gasps* The thought alone just made me hit my daily step count!" Kikmee said in excitement. "Normally, I'd be suspicious of wild tales told by fried meat but in my heart, I've always felt misplaced. As if I were distant from where I truly belong." Bonz-Eye stated. "Lost and forgotten. The two words that describe us best." Dimlit added, looking down in sadness.

"Oh, that's sad! You should go find your Squads. You've got friends out there you've never even met yet!" Burgertron said. "What is 'friends'?" Dimlit asked. "Friends is, are-" "A person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, excluding romantic and-or sexual feelings; you just see them as another member of your family." I explained, interrupting the transforming burger. "You know what? Sure. But, in simpler wording, they're only the most important thing in the world!" Burgertron said.

He then pulls a big picture of two bots, one resembling french fries, and another resembling a juice box. "Look, that's the sweet love of my life, Ulf the Orange, and my best-bro, Spud Muffin. Together, we're a supersized combo meal of happiness!" He said, before putting the picture back. "Any-who, I gotta run. Bye!" He quickly said, jumping off of the desk.

You turned around to leave but stopped when Dimlit called out to him. "Oh, wait!" Dimlit called out. "My whole life I've been a team player without a team! I wanna come with you and find where I belong!" Kikmee exclaimed. "I do as well. For too long, I've been a warrior without a cause." Bonz-eye said. "And I've been a flashlight!" Dimlit stated, flickering the light on top of his head. "What? Aren't we just listing stuff that we were?" Dimlit asked once he was given looks and the environment filled with silence.

"Alright then, to our squads!" Burgertron declared. The three followed behind, taking Clogstopper with them, but then noticed that C/n wasn't following. "Aren't you coming? Don't you want to find your squad?" Dimlit asked. C/n had his back turned to the group; arms crossed. "No." He said. "You sure?" Dimlit asked. "Yes." C/n said. "Okay, then. See you later!" Dimlit said waving at him before catching up to the others.

(Time-skip to the important part)

The train finally made it up to the second floor with a rough landing. "Can you say flawless?" Burgertron asked in a tired-drunken tone.