sick love {Ghost}

Start from the beginning

You were doing fine. A stable job, a nice little apartment in the city.

All gone.

He held you close. Not so much out of love as much as a show of power. It was like Simon couldn't tell the difference between love and obsession.

He put a finger on your nose and let out an audible huff of laughter, the tension breaking for a moment.

"You're adorable, you know that?"

He pulled away a little as the charm returned to his voice.
Like he couldn't be a dangerous man.
A monster of a criminal.

"Like a little bunny."

He patted your cheek, his hands moving lower down your body, to your hips.

"I missed you so fucking much, y/n. Missed you so damn much."

For a moment you thought he truly did love you.

And he did.

Just in his own twisted way.

His hands rested on your hips. He was close. Too close. You could smell his cologne, smell his breath.

"Had me thinking about you. Thinking how good you looked in my bed, crying as I fucked you."

He kissed you, and this time his coldness has been replaced by an intense, desperate need. And you kissed him back. With your own desperate need. You felt his fingers dig into your hips, into your soft skin.

"Come here."

It wasn't a request, nor a suggestion.

So you complied.

Shifting your body closer to his, you ended up sitting on his lap, your face pointed towards him as your hands rested on his shoulders.

You could practically feel it; a small gun in the pocket of his suit; his favorite gun.

"The gun, did you use it?"

You couldn't help but ask.

He stayed silent for a moment, then pulled the gun from the pocket of his suit, placing it on the bed beside him with his hand resting on it. He smiled sweetly at you.

"Maybe I did. Why, afraid I used it to kill that sad excuse of a man?"

A devilish look was on his face as he reached over and gently pulled a few strands of hair away from your neck, his lips hovering ever so closely to your lovely pale neck.

"I could have killed that bastard. I could kill anyone that ever talked to you, y/n. I could kill anybody I want to. But I didn't."

"You let him live?"

With one word the hammer could fall, the bullet could rip into your flesh. But he didn't move. He didn't bother pointing the gun at you.

"You don't believe me?"

His free thumb ran across your cheek, his eyes intense and calculating.

You don't even know where this man came from, this wasn't the passionate Simon you knew.

"Maybe I should just fuck some sense into you..."

This was someone who was utterly ruthless.

"What?"

"You heard me, love."

Simon's finger pressed against your lips, knowing you couldn't do anything about it. You could've backed away or at the very least pulled away, but you did neither.