Chapter One: Perfect Day

'May, wake the fudge up!'

Before I get the chance to answer, or to give my friend a sign I'm alive, I feel ice-cold water running over my body. At first, I'm so shocked, I can't even get a word out, but after a few seconds I start shouting hysterically.

'The hell is wrong with you Lia, it's like 8 o'clock in the morning on a saturday. That's like freaking midnight!' 

'May, chillax a little! It's not that bad, and we', she gives me a stern look, 'have a project to do.' 

'Not at freaking 8 a.m. ! I can't even think right now, my concentration is like below level zero.'

'Yeah well, that's too bad. Now get your ass in the shower and make yourself look at least a little presentable.' 

Ahh, best friends. They wake you up way too early for something that's not even that important. You gotta love them, right?

Although I hate Liana for waking me up, she still is right: we do have a project to finish, and I wouldn't want to fail my senior year now, would I ? With that thought in mind, I jump into the shower. I put on the radio, hoping that it would help me wake up. And it did. 

As Titanium comes on, I start dancing and singing out loud. 'I'm bulletproof, nothing too lose. Fire away, fire awaaaaaaaay'

'Maylene, stop singing and hurry up you lazy ass, we need to be at Josh's in less than an hour'. I roll my eyes, an hour is still plenty of time. Now she ruined my perfect sing-along. 

I get dressed and stroll to the kitchen, where Liana is already eating. Aww, she is so patient.

'You look like a pig that hasn't eaten for a year', I tell her, and she only shrugs. This is how she eats, always have and always will. 

'Okay cool story, it's just that... I don't really care', she says, spitting out half of her food. 

'Pleaseee, you know I love you but just keep your mouth closed when you're eating.'

She rolls her eyes and waves the subject away. 'Do you want some bacon too?' 

'Yeah, I'd love some'. 

'Then go make it. And make me some too, will you?', she ask playfully. O my bananas, she did not just say that! I cannot believe her, she just tricked me! I was dumbfounded, the sweet lil' Liana has learned so much from me. She would never have done that, if she wasn't my best friend. Just, normally I'm the one who actually says such things.

'O m g, Lia, I have made a monster of you!', I joke. She starts to laugh and I join in. I wouldn't know what to do without my little Liana. 

---

After finally getting ready, we rush our way to Josh's house. We're already an quarter late, and we know he won't like it. Josh is our other musketeer, it's always the three of us. He's so perfectionistic and neat, in opposite of us. But that's good, I guess, it keeps us in balance. 

We've known Josh since our 12th birthdays, Lia and me always celebrated it together, and he was there too.  Since that day, we were always together, you won't see Josh if me and Liana aren't there.  

'Joshyboy, open your door ugly loser', Lia and I sing. 'Give me a second, bitches'. Okay, maybe that's weird and crazy, but I wouldn't want it any other way. That's what makes us, us.

Josh opens the door in nothing but a sweatpants. Lia and me have seen him like that so much, but still, we cannot keep our eyes of of his chest. Or should I say his sixpack? 

'Hello, my fellow friends!', he shouts dramatically while holding his arms wide open for a group hug. Liana and I give in quickly and get into his big strong arms. We stand there, on the doorstep, hugging like little kids for about 2 minutes, when Josh's mother notices us. 

'Hey guys! Come in, come in, it's cold outside', she insists. Hugging my two besties, I didn't even realize it was cold.

'Have you guys already had breakfast?', Josh asks us. 'Yeah, we did'. 'Okay, I'm just gonna stop for a starbucks on the way, I'm not hungry anyways.' I think he didn't really have a lot of sleep, he looks so tired.

'Let's go', Liana shouts. 'We need to hurry, we need to be at the company of Ms. Millers in half an hour, and it's at least 20 minutes on the road so pack your bags'. She is my best friend, but God, how bossy she can be. It's just not normal.

I roll my eyes at her and put my jacket back on, showing that I'm ready. I'm really not in the mood for the economics project, like I care about the unemployment rate in Florida. 

 We jump into Josh's old Chevy Truck, and get to the company fast. Maybe a little too fast, we're more than 40 miles an hour above maximum speed, wich I do not like. I'm relieved when we get at the company, and when Ms. Millers lets us in. 

'Hello, we are here for the interview for our project', Liana takes the lead. She always does with this kind of stuff, she's the most responsable one, that's for sure.

After a flash of recognition in her eyes, the woman remembers that she had an interview today and gives us a wide smile.

The hours pass by slowly as we sit there taking the interview. I zoned out a few times just to get kicked under table by one of my friends, who gave me death glares. I was so glad when the interview was over, even though I did not say a word except for 'Uhuh' and 'Oh' just to look like I am listening.

When we are back on the road, I receive a text message.

'Hi babe, Chinese 2nite? Ask yr friends ' 

''Hey guys, care to eat Chinese tonight? ' 'With Cole?', Josh asks. 'No, with the pope.'

'Count me in', Lia says with her mouth full of skittles. How is that girl not fat? She eats like all the time, and that's an understatement.

'Josh, you in?' 'Yeah, sure'. Josh and Cole didn't seem to get along very well, but after I gave them some death glares and threathened them a bit, they tried to act nice to each other. I mean, of course they will never be besties, but at least they don't fight anymore.

'We're in, the resto at 7 xx' 

'' C U then, babe  x''

I smiled at his text, he knew I hated him calling me babe, but still kept doing it.

'Aww, Prince Charming is making Cinderella smile', Liana shouted, wiping a fake tear away.

I have the weirdest friends, and the most stupid boyfriend. But I wouldn't want it any other way. 

--- 

Okay, it's a shitty chapter - especially the end, I mean, is that seriously the best I could do hahah? But, I kind of needed it for the coming actions, so yeah... Please keep reading my story if you like it. And if you don't, then do too, 'cause I promise it'll get better.

HUGS AND KISSES

Tiffany