CHAPTER 2 Who's your favorite uncle?

SATURDAY-

Payu barely remembers falling asleep, he has a vague memory of Rain spooning him and rubbing his shoulders. He was mentally drained. There's so much going on right now, it all just hit him like a train and he fell asleep fast and hard last night.

Rain is already out of bed. Payu can hear music coming from downstairs. The bluetooth speaker is pumping out some pop song that he doesn't recognize. Rolling over, Payu takes Rain's pillow and hugs it. He wonders what Rain will decide? His mind is made up though, he will go with whatever Rain wants. Not knowing Payu really wants to accept and become partner, he's confident Rain will choose based on the facts, but also his own heart. So, wherever that leads Rain, Payu will accept it and they will move on. Rain is his life and he will always choose what's best for his life.

Taking a deep inhale of Rain's pillow, Payu smiles. He rolls out of bed to brush his teeth and wash his face.

Rain stops what he's doing to dance across the kitchen floor. The music compels him. This is such a good song. As he moves the eggs across the pan, scrambling them, he picks up the wooden spatula and begins belting out the chorus. He slides over to the cutting board, picks it up, slides back over to the frying pan and pours the cut up peppers and onions in.

"What smells so good?" Payu shouts over the music. His boy seems to be in his own world.

Rain's head snaps up, "P'." Rain takes his phone and turns down the volume. "Good morning, I'm making us breakfast."

Rain is grinning from ear to ear. He seems to be in a great mood. Payu can't help but wonder what it's all about. He comes up behind his boy and kisses the nape of his neck. "Well, you're in a good mood."

Rain leans his head back on Payu's shoulder. "Mmm......I am P'," Rain answers dreamilly.
"Do you remember what we are doing later today?"

Is that why he's glowing from the inside out, because we are watching Angel later? Interesting.

"I do." Payu kisses Rain's cheek before walking over to the cupboard to grab a couple of plates.

"P' Lita and P' Fah will be dropping Angel off around 3:00 pm. She said they are going to go shopping before they have dinner and then they want to see the newest Marvel movie. Doesn't that sound romantic P'?"  Rain is genuinely happy for the couple. They deserve time alone, Angel is nearly 9 months old. He knows couple time is important in a new parent's life.

"Oh, so she'll be here for a while then?" Payu had been hoping they would only be gone a few hours. He felt like it was important to think this proposition through without distractions so he made plans to stay home the entire weekend. They will have the whole day together tomorrow. Not a big deal.

"Yup, I wanted her to spend the night but P' Lita insisted on picking her up, even if it's late."

"That's probably for the best." Payu loves Angel and truly wants to help her parents out, but he really wants time with his boy this weekend.

They spend the next few hours cleaning the house before taking a shower and getting ready for uncle duty.

"Come to uncle Payu." Payu coaxes his niece, waving his hands wildly at the baby.

"No, over here Angel, come to uncle Rain." Rain shakes a loud toy trying to divert Angel's attention from his hubby.

Angle is sitting up, kicking her cute little feet and laughing at her silly uncles. One uncle is to her left, the other to her right. She's decided watching them fight for her attention, trying to get her to crawl to them is hilarious as the baby makes no moves in either direction. Lita told Rain that Angel started crawling a few weeks ago but she doesn't seem to want to show them. Just as Rain starts to stand to pick her up, the baby gets down on all fours and begins crawling toward her uncle.