The Part where a Brother is punished and Brotherhood re established - Yudhistira

Start from the beginning

Yudhistira did not need to look at his brother to imagine the hurt that must have reflected on his face.

Pitamah and Guru Drone were discussing about the strengths and weaknesses of the spies who had been scattered over the kingdom and beyond and for a moment Pitamah's words,

"....Bhaarav has found a trail to the northern mountain area... It may lead to Gandhar...."

This turned Yudhistira's concentration from the twins to the oldest people in the room. His eyes remained on Arjun, but the rest of his senses tuned in.

"Bhaarav is the best there is." Guru Drone sounded somewhat pleased. "But Gandhar, Mahamahim? Do you think...." Gurudev's voice had further lowered and Yudhistira could feel his gaze flirting over him, making sure that the conversation was not being overheard.

Quelling his sense of discomfort arising from misleading his teacher, Yudhistira acted nonchalant. He busied himself with wiping down Arjun's sweaty face and arranging his hair, yet again.

Yudhistira's eyes found purchase on Krishna's right foot which dangled from wherein he was sat at the window stile and for a moment, the Samrat lost himself in the sight of those lotus hued soles; they brought him an odd but much needed sense of momentary peace.

"Gandhar, Mahamahim?" Guru Drone's voice was barely audible now.

Yudhistira felt the muscles of his body contract but long practice of keeping his expression blank came in handy; he listened hard.

The seasoned warriors had further lowered their voices and a portion of their conversation took place through gestures. Yudhistira caught only a few, sometimes inequitable words.

"....what to think..." Pitamah.

"...how far will he...but why... not the Kauravas...." Guru Drone.

"...it may mean nothing...." Pitamah, sounding totally unconvincing.

Yudhistira risked a slight movement of his eyes and caught the fleeting look of scepticism on Guru Drone's face.

"You know how he is, Mahamahim." Guru Drone's voice was tight, subdued, but firm. "....cannot trust..."

There was a light touch on Yudhistira's shoulder and he was startled out of his circumspect observations.

It was Vasudev, again; he had poked Yudhistira's shoulder with his flute. He carefully gestured towards the other end of the room where the medicine table had been set up and again, Yudhistira's attention was drawn towards his youngest brothers, the Aswinikumars.

The brothers were now talking in tones which were too muted even for Yudhistira to hear. Though, arguing would be the more appropriate terminology.

Nakul and Sahadeva were arguing! And so much so, that their medicines and its paraphernalia lay forgotten.

The sight of this caused Yudhistira's anger to flare; what were they playing about with where Arjun fought for every breath!

He was about to call out to them but Krishna made a low sound of dissention. Yudhistira looked over and caught the minute shaking of his head and the nudged his chin towards them.

The gestures confused Yudhistira, till he found Nakul throwing the bottle held in his hand at Sahadeva, barely missing him, and then storming out of the room. The things happened so fast that Yudhistira gapped helplessly as he saw Sahadeva rushed to follow Nakul and he also did not notice when the room went deadly silent.