Chapter 4

There was barely any space left for me to change my clothes, I was saved a spot near Dominic. I am always panicking that I might stare at the guys someday, now Dominic will make it harder to do that. Why must most of these boys go to the gym and look good while I am not suited for sports and look like a twig? Maybe that is the whole problem. Either way I managed to get dressed but did find myself trying to get glimpses of my friend changing. I feel like a total creep.

It was time to go to the indoor sport's hall and we had to wait for our teacher to come in. Then we had to run a few laps around the room and then stretch and wait for the teacher's instructions. Today we had to do things on our own or in groups. Dominic asked me if I wanted to play badminton, I agreed. Like I was suspecting, he was good or fairly good while I was struggling. He was patient with me. It made me happy knowing he wasn't showing that I frustrated him. The teacher even would show the sighs but he didn't. Is it how friendship works? If that is how I am lucky to receive it.

That lesson was exhausting but we were off to the changing rooms again. I had to muster all of my will to not look at anyone for far too long. I am so glad that all of my bullies are one year older and I don't see them even in PE. If somehow that would, they would find more reasons to bully me for. Afterwards I was going to the cafeteria to eat, Dominic won't be joining me today as he wanted to buy the food in the shop nearby the school. I will be fine as long as the bullies don't show up. I try not to search for them in case they are also looking at me so we don't make eye contact. School isn't the safest place for me. My room kind of is. Well lunch was boring, I was feeling lonely but its like weird to feel like that since I am used to eating alone and since Dominic joined me yesterday, I already hate the chance as he is not here currently.

Then I walked to my class which was literature and Dominic came in shortly after. We went over our notes and were proud that both did the work similarly and likely it was supposed to be done in that way. The bell rang and most of the students were already in the classroom, some came back a bit late though. We had to give our homework to be collected and graded later, today we were talking about famous authors around the world and in groups or alone will have to make a presentation about one. Me and Dominic knew we both will do it together and we just had to figure out who to do about. We got the time to figure that out. I prompted my suggestions and Dominic chose the one he thought would be nice to do and we had to tell the teacher who we wanted to present about and so the others wouldn't take the same person. Lucky for us only two more groups or people were doing different people and we got to do the one we wanted.

"Do we do the project at my home or yours?" I asked.

"I think we can do at mine."

"Ok. Just send me your address."

"Right."

He wrote me his address and sent the text message. I received it and I even believe I know where he lives. The lesson ended and I was going to my last classes of the day. And after school was done I wasn't rushing to go home, quiet opposite. I decided to spend a bit of my time at the school's library. So that is where I was heading towards. Once there I found a good spot to sit at.

It's very quiet in the school's library despite the lessons being over. I am reading a fantasy book. Sometimes I would look through the window and see the teenagers going to the bus stop, to their parent's cars or just leaking alone or with friends. It is still saddening to see them all happy with their friends and I forgotten I have a friend too now. I guess some habits are a bit harder to break and still needs time to heal.

"What are you reading?" I was pulled out for the thoughts of mine, looked up to see Dominic staring at me with his beautiful brown eyes.

"The question is what are you doing here? I am clearly reading a novel."