Ram's unwavering reassurance and his amorous embrace made her surrender to him completely. Wrapping her arms around him Priya stood closing the gap between them. That moment felt like their bodies were the chapters in a love story waiting patiently to be written.

The shrill ring from Ram's phone shattered the silence and solace of the love birds. He hurriedly took out the phone to find Vikram's name flashing on it. He looked at Priya, who almost started to walk back, and held her hand tightly with his fingers securely clenched around her wrist. His eyes pleaded her to stay back while he answered the call.

"Where are you two?" Vikram asked. "Food is served." He also noted.

"We will join you at campus. Right now we are not coming back. Please pack the food if you and Neha can't finish it." Ram answered.

"Arey? Ram, Priya has just cleared her name and you are again pulling her into.." Vikram stopped in his trail when Ram lambasted him for overthinking.

"Stop overthinking! We are by the lake." Ram turned his face away from Priya before lowering his voice and in a hushed tone he continued, "I have not booked a room for us. This is what you think of me?" frustration is evident in his voice.

"Yaar, you've misunderstood me, dude," Vikram tried to clarify. Unfortunately, Ram abruptly ended the call, leaving a dead tone in Vikram's ears.

"What happened? Where are they?" Neha asked with excitement.

"They're not coming back; they're heading straight to campus," Vikram replied. "Let's enjoy what we ordered, and Ram asked us to pack the rest."

Neha was delighted to hear that their friends had found comfort in each other, and unlike Vikram, she was ready to give them all the space they needed.

However, unbeknownst to them, a pair of eyes and a pair of ears were closely listening to their conversation. A shadow stealthily passed behind Neha and Vikram.

Ram and Priya sat beneath the shade of the solitary banyan tree by the lake. Priya nestled her head on his shoulder, her arms encircling his. They lost track of time in the silence.

Breaking the quiet, Priya remarked, "I never expected your father to suspend you for a whole month, and with a public notice, no less."

Ram scoffed in response, "You have no idea about my old man. He's a man of principles, and I'm quite the opposite." He gazed at Priya, gently tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, before continuing, "I was born to my parents after many years of marriage. My mother always told me I was a miracle to them." Ram then withdrew his hand from Priya's before reclining on the grass.

"May I?" Priya asked, gesturing if she could join him. Ram responded by extending his arm on the grass, inviting her to join him. She lay down beside him, resting her head on his arm.

"I've always been a pampered kid," Ram confessed, looking at Priya. "My mother, grandmother, and grandfather, they all spoiled me. My father was and still remains the only one to discipline me. That's why he's always tough on me," he said with a smile.

Priya inquired, "Is your brother like you?"

"Nah, he's a very calm boy. Unlike me, he's received less pampering from everyone, except me. I spoil him the most. I've always had his back, and I always will," Ram replied fondly.

"Ram," Priya called out with a loving voice. After he turned to look at her, she continued, "Promise me you'll never leave me alone. Promise me you'll always be by my side. Promise me you'll never break my heart."