Surah Al-Anbiya (The Prophets)

Começar do início

22. Had there been therein (in the heavens and the earth) gods besides Allah, then verily both would have been ruined. Glorified be Allah, the Lord of the Throne, (High is He) above what they attribute to Him!

23. He cannot be questioned as to what He does, while they will be questioned.

24. Or have they taken for worship (other) aliha (gods) besides Him? Say: "Bring your proof:" This (the Qur'an) is the Reminder for those with me and the Reminder for those before me. But most of them know not the Truth, so they are averse.

25. And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad ) but We inspired him (saying): La ilaha illa Ana [none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allah)], so worship Me (Alone and none else)."

26. And they say: "The Most Beneficent (Allah) has begotten a son (or children)." Glory to Him! They [those whom they call children of Allah i.e. the angels, 'Iesa (Jesus) son of Maryam (Mary), 'Uzair (Ezra), etc.], are but honoured slaves.

27. They speak not until He has spoken, and they act on His Command.

28. He knows what is before them, and what is behind them, and they cannot intercede except for him with whom He is pleased. And they stand in awe for fear of Him.

29. And if any of them should say: "Verily, I am an ilah (a god) besides Him (Allah)," such a one We should recompense with Hell. Thus We recompense the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.).

30. Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?

31. And We have placed on the earth firm mountains, lest it should shake with them, and We placed therein broad highways for them to pass through, that they may be guided.

32. And We have made the heaven a roof, safe and well guarded. Yet they turn away from its signs (i.e. sun, moon, winds, clouds, etc.).

33. And He it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating.

34. And We granted not to any human being immortality before you (O Muhammad ), then if you die, would they live forever?

35. Everyone is going to taste death, and We shall make a trial of you with evil and with good, and to Us you will be returned.

36. And when those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allah) see you (O Muhammad ), they take you not except for mockery (saying): "Is this the one who talks (badly) about your gods?" While they disbelieve at the mention of the Most Beneficent (Allah). [Tafsir. Al-Qurtubi].

37. Man is created of haste, I will show you My Ayat (torments, proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).So ask Me not to hasten (them).

38. And they say: "When will this promise (come to pass), if you are truthful."

39. If only those who disbelieved knew (the time) when they will not be able to ward off the Fire from their faces, nor from their backs; and they will not be helped.

40. Nay, it (the Fire or the Day of Resurrection) will come upon them all of a sudden and will perplex them, and they will have no power to avert it, nor will they get respite.

41. Indeed (many) Messengers were mocked before you (O Muhammad ), but the scoffers were surrounded by that, whereat they used to mock.

42. Say: "Who can guard and protect you in the night or in the day from the (punishment of the) Most Beneficent (Allah)?" Nay, but they turn away from the remembrance of their Lord.