Chapter Forty-One: Trick Or Treat

Start from the beginning

The romance did not end there, since Mr. Bowen officially chose to go to the wedding, which gave Ricky and me the house to ourselves. We did not leave any area of the home unexplored—with the exception of his father's room, of course—I am amazed the neighbors haven't called to complain. We feverishly tore off each other's clothes wherever we were; my lower back still aches from carelessly backing into the counter during a messy make-out.

Finally, it was time for Halloween, and we decided to host a party. We promised our friends a night of spooky fun; Ricky promised fun, I promised spooky.

We just finished cleaning the entire house, and are currently finishing making the bed with a fitted sheet. I am sporting Ricky's thermal stripe hoodie, with black shorts underneath, while he is shirtless in gray sweatpants.

"Water? Gross!" I playfully scold.

His brows furrow, huffing a laugh, "Is there another way to make it?"

"With milk." I assuredly inform, stepping back, "It's gross with water."

"Whatever you say." He shrugs, approaching me.

The corners of my mouth quirk up as I hum in satisfaction at his answer, making him smile as he pulls me by my waist to capture my lips in a gentle kiss.

I gasp and pull away, "I'll make some!"

"But I was gonna make some for you," He reminds, brows furrowed.

I turn my head with a solemn expression, "Then I found out you make it with water."

He playfully rolls his eyes, "Fine. But hurry back."

"Don't miss me." I tease, rising to swiftly press my lips against his, before stepping away.

The corners of his mouth quirk up, "I already do," He blurts, grabbing my hand to gently yank me into him.

I laugh lightly as he quickly puts both hands between my shoulder blades to dip my back and capture my lips in a gentle kiss. I cradle his face as it becomes more passionate.

That went on longer than it should have, so as we backed onto the bed, I forced myself to pull away so I could make the hot chocolate as planned. Afterward, I left the room grinning ear to ear joyfully, practically skipping to the fridge.

My smile immediately faded, however, when I noticed the milk carton was almost empty; there was not enough to make the drink properly. I sigh deeply and shut my eyes.

Another reason why being here is so different; my mother buys two cartons, then two more when the last one is half empty, so we never run out.

I love Ricky. I love waking up to him every day, but I worry that our relationship is still too new for us to have to adjust in ways that married couples do.

********************************************