028. somewhere only we know

Start from the beginning

"I haven't asked... how do you feel about being a vampire?" Charlie asked, as they continued to walk. "Um... I haven't really thought much about it. My head has been too clouded by everything else... the overlapping unorganised thoughts, being able to hear everybody and smell everything... do you know how fucking annoying it is to be able to smell a fart from down the hall?!" The ravenette asked with embarrassment and frustration as Charlie couldn't keep a serious face, though he frowned in understanding, "Unfortunately I do— but you do manage to focus your senses better over time." He assured her.

"I just feel so overstimulated all of the time... along with my dark magic and being a wolf too. There's just so much going on inside my body and my brain." Olivia trailed off, hoping it would get better.

Charlie wished he could offer her advice, but he could only speak on behalf of her vampire side. Currently Olivia was the only fully activated tribrid (that they knew of), so she didn't really have anybody to lean on.

"Do you resent Lexi for this?" Charlie asked, as Liv thought about Lexi. She hadn't seen the Salvatore since she'd turned, but that was no fault of Alexia's. Damon returned home to a frustrated family because he'd ghosted them at a time of need, so to make it up to them he took them on a spontaneous and very sudden road trip. The Salvatore had called to check in, but Liv didn't tell her a lot about how she was feeling as a vampire because she didn't want Lexi to beat herself up for it.

"I don't hate her. I don't think I could ever hate her." Liv admitted, "I know she was only trying to help me." She added, though Charlie didn't seem pleased. He was totally pissed that Lexi had done this. "She could have healed you with her magic. She didn't have to resort to the most risky option that could change your life forever— which it has." Charlie admitted as Liv frowned. It was true.

Lexi could have used her magic to heal Olivia, everyone pointed out that flaw in Liv's story, but in a stressful life-or-death situation, Lexi went straight for the most effective (but riskiest) option. Even though Liv was struggling, she couldn't hate Lexi for it because she was trying to save her life.

"She was also the one driving the vehicle that could have killed you." Charlie added though Liv didn't blame Lexi for that either. Elena hadn't warned her properly of what was going to happen, and even suggested Lexi was to drive. Lexi had no idea that such a piercing sound was going to activate and cause them to crash.

Liv continued to drink her animal blood. No matter what, she just couldn't see Lexi as the bad guy here, as much as others believed so. And part of her... well, part of her longed for Lexi's return more than anything. She knew she'd been crushing on the girl, but ever since she turned the Salvatore was on her mind all the time (amongst everything else).

They reached the school at last, as Charlie looked to Liv. "I'll teach you how to hunt again another day." He assured her, determined to teach her. "Thanks." Olivia replied, feeling bad for wasting his time. She had nearly done it, but something stopped her.

"We've got to get ready now for Laura's funeral." Liv realised, seeing some students already dressed in black. Charlie's face fell in realisation, "Yeah, we do." He spoke, his heart aching for his roommate who had been in ruins since Caroline and Alaric told him of her death.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Everyone wore black as they all took their seats in the pews of a funeral sight. At the front, laid Laura's casket fortunately closed. Ran and Zuko Shiratori, Laura's parents, stood by the coffin with inconsolable expressions, as their eyes were on a picture frame of Laura that was visible for everybody to see.