028. somewhere only we know

Start from the beginning

Olivia found that believable... it had been a lot harder than she'd expected. The Auclair had been shifting into her wolf form a lot more too, as a way to distract herself because now as a vampire, she felt like her brain didn't ever shut the fuck up.

"Are you ready?" Charlie asked as Liv gave a nod before they entered the butcher. Behind the counter stood a man with dark coloured hair, some ear piercings and tattoos— who was currently selling some chicken wings to an old lady.

Charlie waited for the old lady to leave before they approached the counter. "Hello, how can I help you today?" The man asked, as Liv read his name tag, "Kobie"

Charlie knew exactly who this man was— Kobie Fell, the younger brother of the former news reporter, Logan Fell. The Salvatore remembered reading about Logan in one of his father's journals, and he seemed to be a complete annoyance. The star of the Fell family, while Kobie and his other brother Conrad, were overshadowed. Kobie now owned a successful business so, he didn't do bad for himself.

"Hey. We'd like to buy some animal blood." Charlie spoke up, as Kobie raised an eyebrow. "That's an interesting purchase." He admitted, looking at the pair with an inquisitive look. Liv clenched her jaw, worried he was going to question them.

Charlie stayed quiet as Kobie turned to exit into the back of the shop, humming a tune as he did. When Liv realised he was probably getting them animal blood, she exhaled a breath she hadn't even realised she was holding.

"Oh my god I thought we were going to come undone." Liv whispered as Charlie agreed. "To be honest, I've never actually bought animal blood before, so I wasn't sure this was going to work." The Salvatore admitted bashfully as Liv's eyes widened at the realisation that this could have failed.

Still humming a tune, simply living his best life, Kobie came back to the store front, with 2x 1 litre bottles of animal blood. "Thanks. How much do we owe you?" Charlie asked as Kobie shook his head. "Just take it. There is never a shortage of animal blood at a butcher." The Fell confessed as Liv scrunched her face up at the thought.

"Is this for some sort of prank?" Kobie asked curiously, "My daughter was being bullied at school so I gave her a bottle of animal blood to aid her in revenge. It was very effective." The Fell added as Charlie tried to stifle a laugh while Liv wanted to vomit.

The Salvatore could remember Lexi telling him about the time Dana opened her locker to have everything destroyed by animal blood while it oozed out of her locker. He didn't expect that the strictly routined Clara Fell would have been the one to take time out of her day to pour animal blood in Dana's locker, but perhaps it was deserved. Dana was a horrible bully.

"Yeah. We're getting revenge on somebody." Charlie decided, nudging Olivia to go along with it. "Yep! We sure are." The Auclair agreed uncomfortably as Kobie seemed amused. "Well you kids enjoy. Have a nice afternoon." The man said, before turning to head into the back.

"Thanks. You too." Liv answered before herself and Charlie left, and Olivia exhaled with relief. Liv then reached out and placed her hands on the bottles of blood, before casting an illusion spell to make them look like bottles of fizzy drink.

Now, without the worry of strangers watching them drink a suspicious red liquid from a bottle as they walked back to the Salvatore school, Liv took one of the bottle and unscrewed it before taking a drink. She wished it had tasted like fizzy drink, though it was making her feel better.