028. somewhere only we know

Start from the beginning

Which was true. Olivia and Charlie were currently walking through the forest area of Mystic Falls, as Charlie was talking Liv through the process of getting animal blood.

"Is this always how you feed?" Liv asked curiously as Charlie shrugged, "For the most part, we're given animal blood at the Salvatore school... but I figured this would be a useful skill to teach you because we won't always be at the school when we need to feed." The Salvatore explained as Liv nodded.

"Okay. Just going to kill a bunny. No big deal." Liv reminded herself, seeming already grossed out and guilty before even having to do it. Charlie looked sympathetically at the girl, wondering why Alaric was so worried about her being so monstrous... she couldn't even bare to kill a rabbit.

Charlie suddenly stopped walking, as he pointed to a rabbit in the distance, that was eating some grass. Olivia caught sight of it, and nodded. "Just remember, be light on your feet. Rabbits scare easily." Charlie spoke quietly as Liv nodded.

The tribrid used her speed to reach the bunny. Fortunately, or unfortunately for the animal, Liv had been light on her feet, and quickly scooped the bunny into her hands and held it as it squirmed.

The Auclair let out a surprised gasp before she turned to Charlie who was impressed, "You did it! You caught a bunny!" He said with a proud expression.

Liv looked back at the rabbit, who was still squirming in her hands. She looked at its beady little eyes, and its floppy ears before she softly petted it on the head. "Charlie! I can't do this... look at it's little face." Liv suddenly said, holding the squirming bunny out to Charlie.

"I know it seems pretty unethical— But you can do this!" Charlie nodded, knowing that the more Liv thought about it, the less likely she was to actually feed from it.

"But... if I feed from it, it'll instantly die. It doesn't get to live because there's not a lot of blood in it's body." Liv rambled on before she shook her head. "Nope. I'm letting it free."

"No!" Charlie called out as the bunny scuttled away, back into the woods. "Damn, you were so close." He added as Liv sighed, "Please tell me there's another way I can obtain animal blood if I'm hypothetically not at the school." The Auclair pleaded as Charlie thought about it. "I may have an idea."

Moments later, the pair stood outside of Mystic Falls local butcher. Before even entering, Liv could smell the blood from the sliced up meat. Veins popped out from under her eyes, and she quickly lifted her hands to cover them, as she clenched her eyes shut.

"Why is this such an overwhelming desire? God can these veins disappear already." Liv grumbled in frustration as Charlie faced her. "Take a few deep breaths, inhale, hold for a few seconds and exhale slowly.." He continued as Liv listened, inhaling before holding her breath for a moment, to then exhale slowly.

"Great! They're disappearing! Now try to think that you're some place else. I'm not sure where... maybe somewhere warm and cosy, that doesn't smell like... this." Charlie rambled as Olivia tried to imagine herself at the school, surrounded by people she felt most at home around.

"Oh... I think it's working." Liv admitted, as she removed her hands away from her eyes to face Charlie. "It has! That's great." The Salvatore nodded. "It will get easier, I promise. The first weeks of being a vampire are the absolute hardest." He assured her.