Chapter 65: A Day in the Life of Shana

Começar do início

"For the people, not for the hurricane," Tyler clarified.

"Right, I heard about that," Shana nodded. "That's terrible... But good for you guys about the concert."

"Yeah, except I have a wedding to go attend," Tyler sighed. "It's my sister's, I can't miss it. But they knew that in advance. What they didn't know was that John doesn't want to do a concert and no one bothered to ask him until yesterday. He's in L.A. The concert is in New York. And in case you missed it, it's tomorrow."

"Right..." Shana said again. "Well, are the other artists doing it? Santana, Dan, Julie, Amity..?"

"Julie was offered a place in the concert," Sebastian nodded. "She accepted it but the official line up won't be released for a few more hours. I'm trying to get her to sing with some big male artist. Nick Jonas, Justin Bieber, what's left of One Direction. Zayn, maybe."

"Go with Nick," Shana said excitedly. "She loves him. Maybe they'll fall in love and have babies. Wait, is he single right now?"

"Ok, that aside," Sam rolled his eyes, "we are the ones with the problem here. It's a last minute concert but we still have to come to some decision soon."

"Oh, right!" Shana refocused. "I was asking because since this is for charity, it'd be cool if you got Peyton's supergroup to perform together. Peace Through Music? I know she's still doing a lot of work towards that with Luke and Dani. I'm sure she'd appreciate some publicity, as well as a chance for her group to once again help a great cause."

Sebastian thought about this. "Well, Julie is still going to sing with another group. But having two members of Crystal Army, Dan and Amity, and Santana Lopez, would be a great combination. It's not a group of six, as is the group's labeling, but... Let's do it."

"Do what?" Santana walked in with Dani. "I heard my name."

"We want you to have a spot in this weekend's event," Sebastian told her.

"Awesome!" Dani exclaimed as Santana nodded, "Hell yeah."

"With Sam, Alex, Dan and Amity," he added.

"Hell no," Santana changed her mind.

Shana turned to her. "What? Why not?"

"Because little miss sunshine gets to do her own thing apart from this label," Santana claimed. "And while I'm happy for her and the success of her album—I really am—I think it's my turn to start getting some publicity. My album is going to be released in the next couple of months and we need to start promoting it. Am I wrong?"

Santana and Sebastian began to bicker so Shana took the opportunity to escape and go find Dan and Amity. They were somewhere in the building, but where? She walked around the hall and, seeing the red "in session" sign above the recording booth, she smiled and walked around the side into the sound booth for a listen.

["Little Talks" by Of Mice and Men—the Alex and Sierra version.]

Amity: I don't like walking around this old and empty house. (So hold my hand, I'll walk with you, my dear). The stairs creak, as I sleep, it's keeping me awake. (It's the house telling you to close your eyes) And some days I can't even dress myself (It's killing me to see you this way)

Shana took a seat in the back, watching as some producers she'd never met before listened to Dan and Amity singing.

Amity (and Dan): 'Cause though the (truth may vary this ship will carry our bodies safe to shore)