Chapter 2: A Disturbing Sight

Midnight's Point of View

I opened my eyes to see the world, to see the grass in my face and my body feeling energized from my sleep. The sun was shining, the bright light blinding me for a second. It was already midday and most of the mon was awake.

Did I really wake up that late? Might as well go back to my den now. I got up, stretched my body, and started walking towards my den. I saw other mon walking through the fields, and since I hated interacting or just being seen by other mon, I decided to take a detour through the forest.

The forest was cooler underneath its leaves compared to the warm sun and it was dark with bits of light piercing through the leaves, like the stars of the night. Most of the mon who lived here were out doing something, so it was silent. It was peaceful for a while and I really enjoyed it.

I continued walking through the forest, enjoying the solitude of the forest, the lush green plants surrounding me, and the darkness. With the sense of serenity in the forest, I considered going through the forest more often to relieve the experience over and over again. Being lost in my thoughts in solitude, I continued walking until I saw something... disturbing.

I saw an unconscious Sylveon, lying on the ground. I would've passed her but something was definitely wrong. Pokemon faint from battles all the time, but what's different about the Sylveon that fainted was that SHE WAS COVERED IN BLOOD. She had large cuts all over her body and there was a puddle of blood forming underneath her, staining the ground and her white fur red.

WHAT DO I DO?!? THIS WASN'T JUST A FIGHT, SOME MON WAS TRYING TO KILL THIS SYLVEON! I panicked in my mind, trying to figure out what to do. I had to consider bringing her to my den and letting her heal until she was ready to go back to where she lived, which was a decision I was very hesitant to take.

Even if I did like being alone, I'm not cruel enough to let this Sylveon die because I wanted solitude. Why would I? So I grabbed her and put her on my back, preparing to go to my den with the weight on my back. I wasn't used to walking like this obviously, so it took a bit of difficulty until I finally got to my den.

I placed her down on my leaf bed and tried to find something in my den that could help stop the bleeding. I hadn't prepared for a situation like this, so I didn't have many supplies for blood but I found some leaves that were sticky enough to stay on her wounds. I very gently placed the leaves down on her wounds which thankfully stopped the bleeding and I was beyond relieved.

Still, I don't know how long is it going to take for her to regain consciousness. From the severity of her injuries, it may take a couple of days. I decided to take a rest, exhausted from carrying her on my back. After seeing that today, that was definitely disturbing, and hopefully, she will wake up..

I took a look out of my den, still lying down, and saw that it was nighttime. It took a while to get her back to my den and I guess I didn't realize how much time had passed. While I did want to go on my usual walk to clear my mind from what I saw today, I decided that I shouldn't leave my den tonight so that I could watch over her and make sure she was safe.

So instead, I decided to star gaze, and just sleep outside. I walked out of my den and sat down, looking up at the night sky. The millions of stars in the night sky remind me of how mon like me are. And there I am, just a lone star while other stars see each other, making friendships with each other, well it was just a reminder of how I  wanted to be alone, I wanted for myself to be in solitude. After a while of looking up at the stars, I started to become tired and I lay down and closed my eyes, into the deep abyss of slumber.

Hello reader! If you already read this,  thank you for reading this, and sorry that this chapter is kind of short.  If you have any suggestions for how I can improve my writing, I would appreciate it. Thank you for this part after I released Chapter 2.