6| 𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐭

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 𓆩𓆪𒈞 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 𓆩𓆪𒈞 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

𝘋𝘢𝘺 1

There's a dull ache digging into the side of your neck that has you kneading your shoulders as you hunch over the computer. The new values stubbornly refuse to align with the projections from the previous experiment, making you wonder if you'd have to run the tests all over again.

There weren't enough samples left in the inventory and you just couldn't tweak the values to force a fit. You rub your temples as you hiss, frustration making you want to pulverise a car at the nearest junkyard.

Sleeping on the couch was starting to take its toll on your concentration. Miguel hadn't woken up since the vampire bite incident, hogging your bed all to himself.

The smog still clung onto the surfaces of the tinted glass panes outside. It added a little gray gradation to the panes of the opulent office towers near the lab building as the stories went higher. The dull sunlight bounces off the faded curls of the bronze seraphs flanking the hexagonal balconies, watching over the scientists working in the labs with unseeing eyes. A pigeon bobs its head, croons, and preens its feathers on an angel's bugle.

Your mind keeps drifting back to Miguel whenever it's bored.

His face would be serene and free of tension under the gentle lull of your potion undoing what the vampire venom had wrought in his system. His lashes would flutter as he stirred before stilling once again, the morning light bringing out the bronzed melanin of his skin. You'd often wonder what the brown locks framing his forehead would feel like if you were to run your fingers through them.

Maybe he'd peek at you from behind the rolls of bedsheets clumping near his hand, with one eye open, sunlight turning his reddish-brown eyes into pools of wine, a smile teasing the edges of his lips, a dimple denting the expanse of his cheeks, a seraph lost in a summer cloud.

"Hey," he'd say as he snuggled closer to you his morning voice hoarse. He'd kiss your brow softly and brush the strands of hair from your eyes. "You sleep well?"

You'd feel a burn creeping up your cheeks as you dive back into the covers, but Miguel would laugh as his strong hands pulled you into his embrace. He'd kiss your forehead, and nuzzle his nose against your neck as you cuddled closer to him.

"Mhmm, five more minutes, babe, please?"

There's that yearning again, that one itch you couldn't scratch. To be with someone, to belong to someone who you could trust to share your burden with. You haven't dated much since the Spider Deity chose you. You couldn't commit from the pressure wearing the mantle had placed on your shoulders, and your dating life had become a looped reel of relationships that never made it past getting to know each other.