『 CHAPTER 43 』

Start from the beginning

When Kidou finished that note off with a smile, Yuukoku stared at him before smiling back too.

"Thank you."

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

"Has she woken up yet?" Sangoku asked as he put his bag down on the couch. Kariya followed suit him, too.

Yuukoku shook his head. The two boys sighed.

"What happened this time to cause this? She looked fine before the match began," Kariya asked.

"As much as I'd like to explain, I can only give you the gist that her emotions overtook her."

"Is this the same reason for what happened at the island?"

When Yuukoku nodded, Kariya and Sangoku shared their frowns.

"But, she'll wake up, right?" Sangoku asked, not wanting the air to be too heavy.

"Yes, but not in time for your final match, I believe."

Ah, Sangoku and Kariya thought, she won't be happy about it then. Bit of shame she can't play with us, but it's better that she rests well.

(They just hoped you don't rest forever.)

"Ahem, if you'd like the full details, you can ask either Shindou-kun, Haruna-san, or Kidou-san."

"Wait, ask?" Kariya began in shock.

"D-do they know about —" Sangoku tried to continue.

"Yes, they know. They came by earlier this morning before you. I also lent permission to Kidou-san that he could inform this discovery to Endou."

Upon their reprehensive faces, Yuukoku added:

"Don't worry. They won't tell a soul."

♡ --- ♡ --- ♡

DING DONG

"On a Sunday? My, you've got lots of people that care about you, [Name]."

Though your eyes remained close, Yuukoku still chuckled to himself. He placed the storybook about Mr Dracula onto the table beside your bed, before standing up and went to greet the guest outside.

"Pardon the intrusion," Tsurugi said when he was welcomed in.

"It's fine, I don't mind. Help yourself."

Tsurugi thanked him, taking a seat on the couch. With him by himself, Tsurugi realised this place was really quiet when not filled with your presence.

Right, you were always quite the lively person.

"So, what brings you here, Tsurugi-kun?"

"I wanted to visit. I'm sorry I hadn't passed these few days."

"I don't think you should apologise for something like that. Besides, you were dealing with some problems of your own, weren't you?"

At Tsurugi's stiffness, Yuukoku hit the nail on the head.

"Well, are you alright now?"